bale handling system in farming simulator 2013 is fundamentally broken

jaqiefox
Go to solution Solved by bramturismo,

Install the "More realistic" game engine mod over from modhoster.com.

You can thank me later.

I really want my money back for this piece of..... gaming software.  Anyone that has played it and tried the bale handling at all can vouch for it being fundamentally broken and support requests have fallen on entirely deaf ears, no patches for this problem have ever been released (AFAICT).

This kind of thing makes me so livid about the gaming and even software industry.  If real bale handling equipment or any other real equipment was so fundamentally broken you can bet there would not only be a government required mandatory recall, there would be a class action lawsuit by now for the case.

really, seriously, $40 for this? ($25 for farming simulator 2013 titanium and $15 for ursus addon which includes much of the broken equipment but not all of it)

It's real money, it's real product.  It's broken. We can't get a refund, the companies basically are laughing at us.

And yes, I know there are mods out there that replace the broken mechanics and equipment...

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund for this?

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

It'll be more of a question of 'has anyone attempted to do bale handling in Farming Simulator on this forum?' than has anyone here has got a refund after having tried and been unsuccessful. :lol:

On a serious note though I do sympathise if it's a known issue and this is a much of a bullshit situation as it appears, I'd email Valve support and see what's up if you bought the game on Steam.

Ive been playing for a week... Bailing isn't easy, but it isn't broken.

Just buy the auto stacker and square bales. If you don't want to then start growing canola or something.

Ive been playing for a week... Bailing isn't easy, but it isn't broken.

Just buy the auto stacker and square bales. If you don't want to then start growing canola or something.

Ok, so bales sliding UPHILL off of wagons that are sitting there completely still, and then sliding UP OVER AND FALLING OFF OF the side and rear rail of trailers, baler stakes holding on to bales so strong that when you try to use a building to pull them off makes your TRACTOR fly up in the air over the building, baler grippers doing the jiggles and shooting bales up in the air for about 20 seconds of hangtime for no reason....farm poltergeist stuff..... yeah, that's not broken. <_<

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

What I wanted to know is why did you buy it?

because I thoroughly enjoyed operating equipment on the farm I helped with when I was young, and I am now unable to do so in person.  Why else?

because I thoroughly enjoyed operating equipment on the farm I helped with when I was young, and I am now unable to do so in person. Why else?

Because a lot of people buy it because it's that bad.

I've got it because my boy loves it but I wouldn't ever splash cash on it otherwise, it's the problem with all these simulators, they're crap because they are quick half baked ideas and easy cash.

Just look at car mechanic simulator, as someone who works in a garage I find it insulting.

Any lifting in the game is broken. I cant stand it so I use autostackers. The game is still fun too me, operating other equipment is awesome. Perhaps you should have looked into game more before you bought it. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Any lifting in the game is broken. I cant stand it so I use autostackers. The game is still fun too me, operating other equipment is awesome. Perhaps you should have looked into game more before you bought it. 

I did. I didn't see bale handling being broken.  Nobody seemed to talk about it when I read reviews of it.

It's still enjoyable, just not worth this much as a partly broken game.  I'm going the autostacker route now too.

I was just about to buy it.. I still kind of want to..

I have access to real tractors and excavators (And just about anything i'd want to drive really) in real life.. But that involves work... So i want farming simulator.

Would it work without problems if im just a grain farmer? Then i should be able to just whizz about in a combine harvester right?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was just about to buy it.. I still kind of want to..

I have access to real tractors and excavators (And just about anything i'd want to drive really) in real life.. But that involves work... So i want farming simulator.

Would it work without problems if im just a grain farmer? Then i should be able to just whizz about in a combine harvester right?

the physics of the vehicles is a little whacko, so if you run into something like a curb youre likely to make the combine jump up in the air and half-flip, stuff like that.... if your output chute hits a grain wagon or such it can make both vehicles kinda V up really funny... but other then weirdness like that it works great for farming equipment like combines, tractors, grain wagons.

the physics of the vehicles is a little whacko, so if you run into something like a curb youre likely to make the combine jump up in the air and half-flip, stuff like that.... if your output chute hits a grain wagon or such it can make both vehicles kinda V up really funny... but other then weirdness like that it works great for farming equipment like combines, tractors, grain wagons.

Then i think i might hold onto my money for a bit longer :/ 

I am noticing a trend lately with buggy games being released and never fixed  <_<

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Then i think i might hold onto my money for a bit longer :/ 

I am noticing a trend lately with buggy games being released and never fixed  <_<

way too true.

You should try the demo of the game, it actually has one.

You can thank me later.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

You can thank me later.

Wow.

I just finally got done downloading it (I have incredibly bad slow internet) and this is insanely good.  This is what it should have been like from the start. thank you!