How does GTX 860m compared to desktop cards?

StingBull
Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,

Well it depend on what 860m your talking about as there are both Kepler and Maxwell versions (the Maxwell being a bit better) but both are nowhere near the performance of a 760 more like a 750/ti.

How does GTX860m compare to desktop class GPUs? Some places I read says it is the equivalent of as high as GTX 760 while others say as low as GTX 560.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It has nowhere near the power of a GTX 760.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Well it depend on what 860m your talking about as there are both Kepler and Maxwell versions (the Maxwell being a bit better) but both are nowhere near the performance of a 760 more like a 750/ti.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I would say something more like 650ti (boost)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Maxwell.

It seems 750ti has more bandwidth than 860m though.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.