How Do I Paint My Rad White?

I know not to paint the fins. but would i have to ruff up the metal with some sand paper? and would i use metal spray paint? 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Cover the fins and just paint the exterior. :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

I'd assume spray painting would work just fine. No need to sand paper it.

If it refuses to stick, which it shouldn't, you could always prime it.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

where do I start??

if you want the paint to stick, you use sandpaper. especially if a gloss, high gloss

finish is already applied. determine the surface your are painting. if it is powder coated

you must use a low grit sandpaper to get the paint to hold onto the surface. if the metal

is bare, you must use a etching primer.

why? the first time to bump the painted object to something, it will chip, scratch or

damage the painted surface. and you get to do it correctly with a lot of sanding and

stripping.. that should have been already done.

there are many how-to paint guides without a five page dialog. MNPCTech.com has a

great painting tut from bare metal to painted surfaces.

slapping on paint is the easy part, you want it to stick and last is all preparation.

airdeano

Yes.A light wet sand with a 300 grit sand paper will be enough to "break the paint surface". A primer should be used as well, if you want to see some great vids on paint prep then have a look

here: 

and here : 

Follow the steps as best you can and remember to have fun..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Get some rust olem X2 paint and primer..It sticks to anything even plastic.And it has a high heat rating..I used it to paint my kingston hyperx ram fan brackets from the light blue to white and they came out amazing..