Asus 4k with Gsync

qwertywarrior

i swear i googled etc etc im am certain that this isnt a repost

EDIT : i think this thing is IPS 5ms and 178* viewing angles  nope its TN last 10 secs of the video shows 1ms

http://rog.asus.com/326272014/gaming-monitors/4krazy-asus-pa328q-asus-pb279q-and-future-28-inch-4k-with-g-sync-at-computex-2014/

i have nothing else to say its 4k with Gsync WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its a nice idea but for that price it not worth it,

although free sync will take longer to reach market it will be more accessible

its a nice idea but for that price it not worth it,

although free sync will take longer to reach market it will be more accessible

still nothing about the price though its still the same TN panel so its like what 600$ without gsync

im pretty sure nvidia will start selling those chips cheap to compete and maybe actually support 1.2a so vendors start using it as a superior chip vs  under performing 3rd part chips - we still have no idea how good those 1.2a DP supporting chips are

im using the word chip because i dont know the hell they are actually called

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Omg Australians voices are so god damn embarrassing lol

This is awesome if its ips fingers crossed it is.

Than why the f* you comment, biased fanboy alert.

Strangely enough, probably to voice an opinion.

Although, he could have said "I prefer freesync because..."

Don't shoot on sight :P

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Strangely enough, probably to voice an opinion.

Although, he could have said "I prefer freesync because..."

Don't shoot on sight :P

I shoot on sight no body should mess with me I'm the real OG on LTT.

peace

It's TN.

I don't have any brand loyality, but paying premium for something that was always going to be part of displayport (and nvidia knew that very well since they are members of VESA) is just plain stupid. If you want to pay more wait for 4k IPS with DP 1.2a.

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

Omg Australians voices are so god damn embarrassing lol

This is awesome if its ips fingers crossed it is.

its TN my mistake

Than why the f* you comment, biased fanboy alert.

Because i have an AMD GPU. No bias. Nvidia did well, now it is just overpriced.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

its TN my mistake

Damn :( guess ill just have to wait for the samsung and intel collab :/ this would of been alot more than that anyway tho lol

Not interested. Prefer AMDs free sync.

Agreed. Variable sync is an industry standard, that can be implemented on each vendors own scalerchip. So there can be a much vider selection of monitors with it in the future. Even professional 10 bit IPS might support this. 

Nvidias own mandatory proprietary scaler chip could hardly even change base colours.

With an industry standard, g sync is more or less dead now. Only Asus seems to support, with maybe benq.

If I were nvidia, I would rebrand gsync to be a software/driver implementation of variable sync, just like free sync is.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Damn :( guess ill just have to wait for the samsung and intel collab :/ this would of been alot more than that anyway tho lol

there are 4k ips screens out there but they are pricy

there are 4k ips screens out there but they are pricy

and no gsync :/

I would prefer a Gsync monitor that has a display port 1.2a so I can switch cards wihout being tied to a brand. I hold to monitors wayyyyyy longer that cards. 

And can we let alone the Free Sync name ? It's ridiculous and been renamed Adaptive Sync. 

AMD-Fanboys-AMD.jpg

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I would prefer a Gsync monitor that has a display port 1.2a so I can switch cards wihout being tied to a brand. I hold to monitors wayyyyyy longer that cards. 

And can we let alone the Free Sync name ? It's ridiculous and been renamed Adaptive Sync. 

I doubt the gsync scaler would ever support freesync, even it is uses DP 1.2a. Don't get your hopes up. 

Adaptive sync is the industry standard in DP 1.2a. Free sync is AMD's driver implemantation of Adaptive sync.

AMD-Fanboys-AMD.jpg

So supporting an industry standard, rather than a proprietary tech, that not only costs alot, lowers the range of models and is exclusive to nvidia, is being a fanboy? Honestly, supporting gsync now, that there is an industry standard, seems more fanboyish to me.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

AMD-Fanboys-AMD.jpg

"Preferring a free alternative that is an industry standard rather than a proprietary chip released by a company infamous for price gouging makes you a fanboy"

I doubt the gsync scaler would ever support freesync, even it is uses DP 1.2a. Don't get your hopes up. 

Adaptive sync is the industry standard in DP 1.2a. Free sync is AMD's driver implemantation of Adaptive sync.

So supporting an industry standard, rather than a proprietary tech, that not only costs alot, lowers the range of models and is exclusive to nvidia, is being a fanboy? Honestly, supporting gsync now, that there is an industry standard, seems more fanboyish to me.

"Preferring a free alternative that is an industry standard rather than a proprietary chip released by a company infamous for price gouging makes you a fanboy"

When did I say I prefer/support G-sync over Freesync?  Oh wait, I didn't!  Simply posted that picture because people are so quick to jump on any Gsync (and Titan thread for that matter) and criticize it.  There are advantages to Gsync over Freesync, and Freesync over Gsync.  Which do I prefer? Neither at this point because a new monitor isn't in the budget for me.

When did I say I prefer/support G-sync over Freesync?  Oh wait, I didn't!  Simply posted that picture because people are so quick to jump on any Gsync (and Titan thread for that matter) and criticize it.  There are advantages to Gsync over Freesync, and Freesync over Gsync.  Which do I prefer? Neither at this point because a new monitor isn't in the budget for me.

What are the advantages of G-Sync over Adaptive Sync?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

What are the advantages of G-Sync over Adaptive Sync?

Because it is proprietary, nvidia can work more closely with display manufacturers, it will be coming to market sooner, and at the time of writing it supports more gpus; only nvidia ones but adaptive sync is currently only supported by a few amd cards, not all current Gen ones either.

Then of course there are advantages of adaptive sync, main one being it is open and cheaper to implement.