Sata controllers gone from device maneger after driver install

CoolKD
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

If you only installed the Intel drivers, than yes, you'll only see one driver (or one item ), but if your motherboard uses third party SATA controller on top of the Intel ones, you have to install their drivers to see the extra drivers (items?).

I just reinstalled my system after a HDD went bad on me and had to get a new one.

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior and I don't recall if it was like this on the prew installation.

I have the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MB with a Intel quad core i7 2600k(1155)

I have installed all the correct drivers including Intel's Rapid storige software.

Is it normal that the SATA controllers are gone from the device manager and only show one SATA controller instead of all of them like on my other systems. All drives are working as they should.

Running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.

All help is welcome :)

Processor:AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Video Card:Asus ROG STIX RTX3080ti 12G OC CPU Cooling:Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 Case:Fractal Design Torrent Black RGB TG LightMotherboard:ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GBSoundcard:Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus

Monitor:AsusRogSwift PG279QHeadphones:Sennheiser PC360Keyboard: Logitech G510S Mouse:Logitech G502 HERO Operating System:Windows 10 HomePremium 64bit

If you only installed the Intel drivers, than yes, you'll only see one driver (or one item ), but if your motherboard uses third party SATA controller on top of the Intel ones, you have to install their drivers to see the extra drivers (items?).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Download and install the Jmicron and Marvell controller driver under the sata tab: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/#support_Download_30

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Thanks for the input guys. I have the installed drivers for the Marvell and Jmicron chips and they are showing..
It's just that I seem to recall that you could go in to a controller and see witch HDD is connected, and also do a speed test. But that may be back in the XP days..
I have become a lazy user after windows7 and never taken the time to learn it as god as I did with windows XP.
Thanks again guys

Processor:AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Video Card:Asus ROG STIX RTX3080ti 12G OC CPU Cooling:Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 Case:Fractal Design Torrent Black RGB TG LightMotherboard:ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GBSoundcard:Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus

Monitor:AsusRogSwift PG279QHeadphones:Sennheiser PC360Keyboard: Logitech G510S Mouse:Logitech G502 HERO Operating System:Windows 10 HomePremium 64bit