Payday 2 DLCs worth it?

Hey, i saw that Payday 2 is on sale on Steam, so are the DLCs. My brother said i should get the game and i wonder if the DLCs are worth it, since they are mostly weapon packs? I am very busy atm, so i can't check myself, i would like to hear from someone who has the game if the DLCs are worth it?

who cares...

Unless it's a mission pack I wouldn't bother with it. Most DLCs are a waste of money. There are good ones, but I don't know about Payday 2.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

• 4 months later...

If on sale.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Armored Transport:

Transport Heists: Allows you to host them. Without the DLC you can join but not host.

Commando 553: Without Gage Courier it's an alternate to the Car-4. With it, the Car-4 completely outshines it.

Swedish K: Decent short range SMG but there are already a ton of those. Main draw is you can get it to 33 concealment, which is the highest in the game.

Gruber Kurz: A low threat high concealment pistol for stealth. Can get a built in laser sight without sacrificing concealment. Not bad for MM/Ghosts with pistol skills, everyone else will probably use a Swedish K or Compact-5 for stealth.

Gage Weapon Pack 01:

Grenades: Good for staggering dozers and decent for crowd control in general. One of the few stright upgrades since grenades don't take up any inventory slot.

Eagle Heavy Rifle: If you don't have Gage courier mod DLC it's a decent alternative to the AMR-16 in the 50 damage range. With the gauge courier mod it's completely outshined by the AMR-16 which can get a magazine 3 times as large while still having the same damage and similar accuracy.

Spec Ops: One of the best SMGs in the game, very good well rounder. With Gage Courier you can get it to 40 damage with the enforcer 5% damage bonus and it becomes a Car-4 for your secondary slot (this is a very good thing). Even without the DLC, a solid pickup.

Signature .40: Really good pistol, can reach 50 damage. The only other 2 pistols that can do that have a paulty 30 ammo capacity, compared to the sig which has a far more reasonable 84. Best pistol for MM builds that don't have the headshot bonus.

Gage Weapon Pack 02:

Knives: Mostly useless. Adds some cosmetic variety to melee but doesn't effect gameplay much.

KSP: Without gage courier is the best LMG for short range. With it, I've killed snipers while downed. It's kinda silly.

RPK: Falls in between the KSP and Brenner and usually forgotten like the middle child it is.

Brenner: Without gage courier pack, the best accuracy for an LMG which still isn't much. With it, you won't use anything but the KSP.

Gage Courier Pack:

Adds a bunch of attachments that make the Car-4, AMR-16, AK type rifles, and KSP overpowered to the point where you won't use any other assault rifles or LMGs, assuming you understand how to min/max properly. Adds a laser sight that doesn't reduce concealment and another that doubles as a laser pointer and flash light.

Gage Sniper Pack:

Adds Sniper rifles which trivialize special units.

Rattlesnake: Percision rifle that puts the M308 to shame with it's shield killing ability while still having more ammo. Worst at dealing with specials but best at dealing with anything else, making it a good all rounder.

R93: The logical choice for dealing with specials while still having the ammo to burn to kill normal enemies in most cases.

Thanatos: For people on DW with a dedicated job of dealing with Skulldozers. Also for morons who try to use it for anything else.