Corsair AX760 powering Asus GTX780ti

EmotionalPanda

Hi Guys,

New here and I have a question about powering my GTX780ti from Asus. 

So, I have an Corsair AX760 modular power supply and I've recently bought the Asus 780ti Direct CU II edition graphics card. Any way, I was just wondering how I am best powering this card.

The card requires 8+8 pin power to work, but I want to know, can I power the card from a single rail on my PSU using a 6+2pin double ended cable, or do I need to use two rails using two 6+2 pin single ended cables.

By sorry if some of the terminology is wrong here, I've been trying to find an answer on the internet but different people seem to say different things. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

The AX760 has a singlerail design, so in the end it really dosen't matter. I would go with the cleanest look.

its always best to not use the splitter cables (thas what im thinking youre trying to say) but you wont have any rail problems with a AX 760, id go with the splitter as it'll look better.

only card where you have to watch how much your rail can handle is the 295X2.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Thanks guys, helps a lot! I'll probably just got with the splitter cable as it's a cleaner look like you said! Just had a look on the corsair site and they call it a '6+2 PCI- E pigtail cable'. But, whatever you call them I shall just stick with that! 

Thanks for the advice guys! :D