be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 Air Cooler

Go to solution Solved by Thorium19,

You shouldn't have anything to worry about, I think the fan mounting is height adjustable so just move it higher if you do happen to run into clearance issues.

I am going to be getting this air cooler to cool my i5-4670K and i was just wondering if it will fit inside a Fractal Design Define R4 windowed and if it will interfere with my ram which is 2x8gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance Pro. The ram will be put on a Asus Maximus VII Ranger.

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

It will work. (case) If you run into any issues just put  the fan on to the other side.  (ram) 

It will work. (case) If you run into any issues just put  the fan on to the other side.  (ram) 

yes, but if i put the fan in the other side, wouldn't it affect performance, because the heat is only getting pulled through the heatsink and not getting pushed out to the rear of the case?

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

You shouldn't have anything to worry about, I think the fan mounting is height adjustable so just move it higher if you do happen to run into clearance issues.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

ok, thanks for your help

@lucidchrome Thanks for ththe the pictures and my build has also got the same gpu as yours, the gtx 770 by MSI.