My watch dogs experience so far.

Syntaxvgm

It downloaded pretty fast. 

Honestly I got tired of waiting for the pirated version I bought it. 

Yes, I'm open with the fact I pirate things. I believe while piracy may be a debate on its own, I should always own up to doing it. 

So my pattern is-

Pirate at launch. Play for a while. 

A. Hate it, delete it. 

B. Like it, finish it and buy it later or wait till I buy later. I usually buy for console for single player games, so I wait as I don't like to play the same game twice in a row.

Sometimes I just prefer to wait until the price is lower. 

Is it right? Probably not. But I never get screwed by a game for 60$. 

Until today. 
Potentially. 

While sometimes I immediately buy something for console,

I ALMOST NEVER buy something on PC without pirating first to make sure it'll run fine, and it's not janky on the PC.

Plus I just tend to like to buy on console if I'm spending 60$, or least on disc, as I feel better having a physical copy, or at least it makes me not feel like a fool for spending 60$ for a download.  

(Physical copys are a form of financial denial for me)

I don't necessarily buy games out of some morel obligation to feel better about myself.  I pirate games. That's how it is. 

I buy games simply becuase I want to own them. 

Pirating games then buying them when they are cheaper or getting it used is still pirating. 

"Legally" getting the game includes buying used. Buying used gives the developer no money either. 

I still buy used games though. Especially if I wan't happy with the game or it was total crap. 
I'm looking at you AC3. 

I bought AC3 used becuase I refused to shell out 60$ for that crap, nor give ubsoft money for it. 

Still wanted it, I have every other AC game.

(AC4 is a different story if you haven't got it, get it. It's a lot better.)

I would have rather bought watch dogs for console, but I don't own an Xbone or PS4 yet. I  don't' game as much as I used to and it's not a priority. too busy for it. That's a decent chunk of money for me to not play it often. 

So I think to myself, "it would be easier just to buy it now since PC is my only "next gen" platform. I'm short on time, and I just want to play this game instead of bootleg then buy (save files dont always transfer from cracks)"

I regret this decision. That 60$ could have done a lot more for me. 

I have a gaming laptop and a pretty decent desktop which is much more powerful than the laptop.

But the laptop has a 2.5GHz i7 and xfired 6970ms, which has served me quite well, and recently I've pretty much done 100% of gaming on it. 

For reference, I'd say the performance is similar to 2 7770s in xfire. 

I knew going into this that AMD may have problems. I'm hitting myself now. 

Lets start with uplay.

I've used it before, and it has been an ok experience for me thus far, despite the frequent complaints I hear about it. 

Buy the game.

Install game from Uplay. 

Well, not really. 
It didn't work. 

Was angry. 

But I read trying a few times it might work. I spammed it over and over, and it worked for some reason...eventually.

I don't understand why uplay exists. A direct download and key would do just fine. 

I totally get why they don't do steam money wise, but for  games like this a direct download would do. 

I don't like orgin, but at least it feels like it has a reasonable purpose. 

If it's for piracy, uplay is not preventing it. I would imagine its driving people to it. 

If someone wants to pirate it, it will happen. Nothing you can do about it. 

Anyway back to the game. 

I launch it. 

Intro screen. 

Save icons....

IT DISAPPEARS

hmm.

Try it again.

Same thing.

no crash nothing.

This time when I run it, it runs windowed.

Still disappears.  

Turn Xfire off.

Ah now it works. -.- 

Go to options. 

If I try to go fullscreen, it crashes. I mean my whole computer. Have to force restart. 

By the way this is my boot screen in place of windows 7 loading screen-

5a8aa710-98f7-4c1d-be69-4380ee015f25.png

So now I have this taunting me "Oh, I thought PC was so much better? Wouldn't it be nice just to slide a disc in? I though you were so happy you didn't have to play at 30 fps like those console peasants? "

After the restart, I play the game....and it's fullscreen...no problem?

So to the game. After sitting through that long ass cut scene you can't skip for the second time, I tweak the settings a little, and I find it to run fine on a single 6970m. So far. Crossfire would be nice, but I guess I'm asking to much as a dirty AMD peasant. 

Well, when he's beating that guy in the face, it is an interior room, so idk how it'll do in bigger areas. 

I didn't bother hooking in my controller, I thought I'll do that when I get it adjusted to run on my lonely 6970m. (I should really upgrade, but when xifre actually works its just fine. Laptop gpus are so expensive, I'd be out 1200$+ for an upgrade.)

Shot it says to shoot the guy (empty gun)

Well, it turns out I cant. Eveny time I clicked to shoot, the game minimized. 

It was at this point I discovered the problem with fullscreen was just actually just a thing that happens about 50% of the time when you change to and from the game. 

So after watching that fucking cut scene im hating now 3 more times, I discovered what kept happening. 
THE GAME DOESN'T"T EVEN CAPTURE THE MOUSE!

Since I have a second screen attached, the mouse moved there, and id click on something there. 

So, angry that something so basic was ignored, I just pulled out my controller.

I tell myself, it's not that bad, maybe they didn't consider that most gamers have more than one screen, and they didn't pay attention to mouse and keyboard, as it isn't the type of game youd want to play that way.

Fine.

Start the game. 

Whole computer crashes in the load screen again.

Restart computer.

Start game

Display driver crashes.

Start the game again.

Nothing but a skybox.

???

What the actual hell?

Kill the game, try again.

Flickering skybox. Great. Progress.

Start the game another time

Angry. 

Hey it actually works? Cool. 

Display driver crash in 5 minutes. 

Give up. 

Play AC4. 

So I'm not touching this game again until I feeling like getting those updated AMD drivers, or I might just move it to my desktop. 

Maybe thursday. 

I really wanted to like this game. Hell, idk I still might might. If I can play it. 

Anyone else having this kind of experience? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Works fine for me, I have it sitting at ultra settings quite smoothly

I had issues getting uplay to work but thats because there servers were being HAMMERED. I have seen steam servers go down during sales so it was understandable (though not excusable)

I do have the full screen issue though, I have to alt+enter every time I launch the game, weird but I can live with it

EDIT: apparently AMD users have having lots of issues with it

my advice, leave it a week or 2 for the fixes and then enjoy it then, i never like playing games during launch week, always issues

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Works fine for me, I have it sitting at ultra settings quite smoothly

I had issues getting uplay to work but thats because there servers were being HAMMERED. I have seen steam servers go down during sales so it was understandable (though not excusable)

I do have the full screen issue though, I have to alt+enter every time I launch the game, weird but I can live with it

I take it you are on AMD? 

Xfire? And did you update drivers?

That's good that it seems to work for some if not most, I just had that kinda luck. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This game is full of bugs for me.

Audio issues,

Frames issues,

No SLI support,

FPS in the tanks...

I gave up until a patch hits.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I take it you are on AMD? 

Xfire? And did you update drivers?

That's good that it seems to work for some if not most, I just had that kinda luck. 

No its installed on my desktop with a 780ti. Want me to try it on my crossfire amd laptop tonight? 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No its installed on my desktop with a 780ti. Want me to try it on my crossfire amd laptop tonight? 

Yah if it's not an inconvenience. remember if it disappears with no error disable xfire. News drivers might help you with xfire though. 

Beast gpu btw

muh specs 

All parts black

This game is full of bugs for me.

Audio issues,

Frames issues,

No SLI support,

FPS in the tanks...

I gave up until a patch hits.

No sli either? Well this is interesting. 

I hope i don't run into those issues after solving my current ones

muh specs 

All parts black

Yah if it's not an inconvenience. remember if it disappears with no error disable xfire. News drivers might help you with xfire though. 

Will do, I want it installed there anyway so I was planning to at some point. i am interested to know how it runs on my m18x

If you pirate games you're not part of the PC MASTER RACE, cheap peasant.

And discussing pirating is against CoC too.

If you pirate games you're not part of the PC MASTER RACE, cheap peasant.

And discussing pirating is against CoC too.

I'm not discussing how I do it, simply the fact that I do it. I'm not condoning it. 

I buy 100% of the games I play/want to Finish. 

I spend way too much money on DLC. 

I'm a sucker for hats. 

I'm a collector in that aspect. 

I pirate becuase of stuff like watchdogs. I don't like getting screwed for 60$. 

Heres the twist-

I'm actually making an indie game on the side. 

Makes you think. 

And for those who do pirate for lack of money- most would buy if they had the income. 

I can afford it, barely. So I buy. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I'm not discussing how I do it, simply the fact that I do it. I'm not condoning it. 

I buy 100% of the games I play/want to Finish. 

I spend way too much money on DLC. 

I'm a sucker for hats. 

I'm a collector in that aspect. 

I pirate becuase of stuff like wathdogs. I don't like getting screwed for 60$. 

Heres the twist-

I'm actually making an indie game on the side. 

Makes you think. 

Doesn't make me think, you're just a cheap skate.

Don't play the game if you don't want to buy it, and your indie game is shit by the way.

Doesn't make me think, you're just a cheap skate.

Don't play the game if you don't want to buy it, and your indie game is shit by the way.

First of all I'm making it for me. Something I want to play. Sure you don't think anyway. If you are so quick to insult. Or if you dont see I was point ou tmy own Hypocrisy . 

Second of all, I buy nowadays. I pirate to make sure it'll i wont get screwed. Like i did with watchdogs. 

Third, what if I was a cheap skate? Does that make you some whiney little rich kid?

Not everyone has money out the ass. I still don't think pirating is right, but that doesn't make them terrible people. 

muh specs 

All parts black

First of all I'm making it for me. Something I want to play. Sure you don't think anyway. If you are so quick to insult. 

Second of all, I buy nowadays. I pirate to make sure it'll i wont get screwed. Like i did with watchdogs. 

Third, what if I was a cheap skate? Does that make you some whiney little rich kid?

Not everyone has money out the ass. I still don't think pirating is right, but that doesn't make them terrible people. 

You're right :-) sorry

You're right :-) sorry

-.- not sure if sarcasm

If not kudos. You are awesome. 

Anyway indie game comment was to point out my own hypocrisy. Maybe someday I'll get screwed by piracy. 

muh specs 

All parts black

This games user score on Metacritic is pretty funny, http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/watch-dogs, this is why I don't pre order anything

Wow. I expected it might not live up to the hype, but 4? Well I bet a lot of that is from the games AMD issue though. I doubt gameplay wise it's that bad. 

muh specs 

All parts black

-.- not sure if sarcasm

If not kudos. You are awesome. 

Anyway indie game comment was to point out my own hypocrisy. Maybe someday I'll get screwed by piracy. 

I'm not being sarcastic, It's certainly true that not everyone has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they like.

Pirating content as a trial isn't a bad thing either and pirating in general is just normal.

I'm not being sarcastic, It's certainly true that not everyone has enough money to buy whatever they want whenever they like.

Pirating content as a trial isn't a bad thing either and pirating in general is just normal.

Hey I'm glad.And I don't necessarily want people to think piracy is a ok, but i want people to understand it not so black and white.

muh specs 

All parts black

Hey I'm glad.And I don't necessarily want people to think piracy is a ok, but i want people to understand it not so black and white.

It's just that if person A pirates a game it doesn't mean they would've bought it if they couldn't pirate it.

I do pirate music, movies, TV shows and whatnot, except games because I buy them. CoC come at me.. lol

:P

It's just that if person A pirates a game it doesn't mean they would've bought it if they couldn't pirate it.

I do pirate music, movies, TV shows and whatnot, except games because I buy them. CoC come at me.. lol

You have a point, and i say that was true for me when my budget was much more limited. 

Guess the only TV I pirate is anime. I just don't like waiting for overpriced box sets to come to america. 

muh specs 

All parts black

dat plot twist

downloading in nentherlands is legit no?

dat plot twist

http://rt.com/news/copyright-pirated-films-music-724/

Not anymore. Not a big deal really. 

muh specs 

All parts black

dat plot twist

Used to be, but It still is. Those European rules aren't even valid and they will go after the uploader only.

I just finished watching the benchmarking video released on youtube from LinusTechTips. (been watching the videos for a while but never on here) and I wanted a way to contact Slick and tell him how to improve Watch Dogs FPS and general performance. Im running a 4770 and a single 780Ti and in FULL settings i get more than 60 FPS (unless driving its 45-50) using nVidia Control Panel and I wanted all you guys to know about it and for them to make a profeessional video on it as I just made a quick half assed tutorial on how to fix the problems ive been hearing about. Please get this to Slick or Linus.

Dunno why the low scores, so far a few hours in, 8/10 would be the rating from me