Need help on choosing a psu.

8bit Chaos

So i do not know what to do about getting me a psu because i went to the cooler master psu calculator and it says a recommended minimum psu is 509w but i have a gtx 770 and it says it needs a minimum of a 600w or greater. So do i take the calculators wattage or listen to what the gpu tells me? Also do i add that 600w up with all my other components wattages?

600w sounds good.

Get a 600w. 

If you have an i5/i7, 500w is fine.

Quality is more important than watts. 

Error: 410

take what the calculate say, you could easily run a 770 on a 500 watt PSU but it won't leave you a ton of overhead room for expansion

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

So i do not know what to do about getting me a psu because i went to the cooler master psu calculator and it says a recommended minimum psu is 509w but i have a gtx 770 and it says it needs a minimum of a 600w or greater. So do i take the calculators wattage or listen to what the gpu tells me? Also do i add that 600w up with all my other components wattages?

What are your other system specs? Usually for a single GPU system a quality 550W power supply will be sufficient as long as it has enough connectors for the GPU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 (2x6+2Pin PCI-E connectors)

also is there a good calculator for multiple gpu's

If the estimated Wattage of your build is 509W, you'll want to overshoot that a bit, so 600W sounds about right.

Also, the Wattage on the 770's box overestimates what you'll need to account for people with more power hungry AMD CPUs like yours, or crappier power supplies that can't deliver their rated Wattage.

http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/advance.jsp

Or you could use Pcpartpicker and put all your components in. That should give you an estimated Wattage for single or multiple GPUs no problem.

So I take it you are trying to decide on a power supply? If you tell us your budget and preferred retailer we could throw some suggestions your way.

also is there a good calculator for multiple gpu's

Not really. You're better off looking at multiple gpu config reviews and seeing their power consumption benchmarks. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Both  company's overestimate the recommended wattage of their gpu's just to be on the safe side

Thank you all for helping me. I found the psu i want :)