Monitor Advice - Office Setting

Shaikoro

Hi All,

I did read the Monitor guide, but it was not very specific to office work; where I imagine there are minor differences to consider.

TL;DR Version:

I'm requesting from my employer two new monitors for my office work. Here are my requirements:

• Ideal for main tasks of: PowerPoint, Excel, web research
  • Two identical monitors
  • Size between 24" and 27"
  • I sit about an arm's length from the screens, but can move them back
  • I would like the monitors to be of high quality, with good resolution and color accuracy.
  • Budget: $300 to $500 each (2000-3500 DKK) (Note: I am not sure what they would approve yet, but would try for this)

Could you recommend the best options/focus areas for my needs and budget? I am situated in Denmark if that helps. 

Thanks!

For office work you generally don't need to look out for much. But the budget would allow for 4K, which is a nice upgrade for work displays. USB-C power delivery is also a nice feature since it allows you to use one cable for power and display when connecting a work laptop. I generally tend to recommend LG's professional UP-series monitor lineup, since they come with wide gamut IPS panels, decent color accuracity out of the box and an overall good set of features. They should also come in well within, maybe even under your budget. These are pretty much as good as it gets for regular office work, with some manual calibration they're also great for media work.

For example the LG 27UP85NP-W.

It only costs 270€ here in Germany. (~2000 DKK)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

For office work you generally don't need to look out for much. But the budget would allow for 4K, which is a nice upgrade for work displays. USB-C power delivery is also a nice feature since it allows you to use one cable for power and display when connecting a work laptop. I generally tend to recommend LG's professional UP-series monitor lineup, since they come with wide gamut IPS panels, decent color accuracity out of the box and an overall good set of features. They should also come in well within, maybe even under your budget. These are pretty much as good as it gets for regular office work, with some manual calibration they're also great for media work.

For example the LG 27UP85NP-W.

It only costs 270€ here in Germany. (~2000 DKK)

Thanks a lot Stahlmann!

Unfortunately LG monitors aren't really a thing in Danish electronic providers (TV's however are), so that one is out of the quesiton. 

What do you think about this one, it seems to be one a pretty good sale right now: https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/dell-ultrasharp-27-u2723qe-27-4k-skaerm/p-1837719/

25 minutes ago, Shaikoro said:

Thanks a lot Stahlmann!

Unfortunately LG monitors aren't really a thing in Danish electronic providers (TV's however are), so that one is out of the quesiton. 

What do you think about this one, it seems to be one a pretty good sale right now: https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/dell-ultrasharp-27-u2723qe-27-4k-skaerm/p-1837719/

The specs are pretty much identical to the LG monitor I mentioned, so I'd say your good with that one.

With gaming monitors there is a lot of nitpicking with response times etc., but you don't need to worry about that for an office monitor, so looking up reviews isn't as important.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I did a simmilar task at work and setup soem dual 4k monitors from dell for about $270 each I think. Cheapish 4k panels, with no issues. I think it was the dell S2721QS.