High School?

EmotionalSloth

Im close to finishing my first year of high school. It was ok. I had made a friend in the beginning of the year but he started acting like a douchebag so I stopped being friends with him. I didn't get too much hw (of course hw varies from school to school) but i got it done. Teachers at my school are cool and I like hanging out with them before school starts. Unfortunately, there aren't too many girls at my school, so i probably wont get a gf till college. Just be yourself and dont be a dick to anyone. Also make sure you get on the good side of your teachers(unless the're assholes and or dumb). Don't worry and you will be fine ;) @EmotionalSloth

Life.exe is missing

So I am finally finishing off 8th grade this year, (I switched schools and was just barely too young to get into high school) and I have been thinking about high school a lot lately.

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them (not that girls are that important in 9th to 10th grade)

I also to be honest dislike most people in my grade. Most of them are either annoying or extremely arrogant. I do have quite a few friends though.

So my question is, is high school enjoyable and how was/is the entire experience for you?

Bro, where I go to school you go to high school in 8th grade (im a freshman now and will be in 10th grade next year). High school ain't all that bad. You got a lot more freedoms than you do in Middle School or Elementary School. 

Pictures Of My School

Midd-West-High-School-1.jpg

MWSD-HS-1.jpg

Midd-West-High-School-2.jpg

DSC7176.jpg

DSC1392.jpg

Cafeteria.jpg

Midd-West-High-School-3.jpg

1121.jpg

DSC7334.final_.jpg

Midd_West_Panorama_5.jpg

Midd_West1.jpg

Des millennials doe.

For reals though, shit don't matter. Join some clubs and shit. Srsly. That shit is cash.

Bro, where I go to school you go to high school in 8th grade (im a freshman now and will be in 10th grade next year). High school ain't all that bad. You got a lot more freedoms than you do in Middle School or Elementary School. 

Pictures Of My School

MWSD-HS-1.jpg

DSC7176.jpg

DSC1392.jpg

Cafeteria.jpg

1121.jpg

DSC7334.final_.jpg

Midd_West_Panorama_5.jpg

Midd_West1.jpg

Since when did you have Macs that ran Windows?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pictures Of My School

MWSD-HS-1.jpg

DSC7176.jpg

DSC1392.jpg

Cafeteria.jpg

1121.jpg

DSC7334.final_.jpg

Midd_West_Panorama_5.jpg

Midd_West1.jpg

I would post pictures of mine but I'm on my phone.. Here is a preview

http://www.hdsb.ca/Schools/PublishingImages/Alton%20HS%20art%20drawing.jpg

Google "Dr frank j Hayden secondary school"

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/barton-overhead-door-modesto-2?select=B2s5Wpw3v6V-9d_g5qO7zw

This is the high school I am going to. It was built 4 years ago.

Google Joseph Gregori High School, and you see.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Thanks for all the replies!

I have been thinking and i realized that gfs are pretty much a waste of time (and they are stressful!) till at the earliest 11th grade. I have quite a few friends that are girls, but I can't imagine being together with any of them. Its not like relationships in high school last anyways

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

High school feels like ages ago, even though I'm only finishing up my first year at college.

In my opinion, high school was fun, then I got to college, realized high school sucked compared to it, and moved on lol.

Seriously though, you'll be fine. Just pass your classes and get out of there.

ALSO! Throughout high school, I only had 2 girlfriends. And looking back on them, one was silly and the other was FUBAR, so I've led myself to believe that high school relationships aren't that important anyway lol.

Having left academy which I believe is the UK equivalent to high school (We have primary school for 7 years then academy for minimum 5 years and up to 7 years) for a year now I can say that in my experience it wasn't that bad, just find some friends and do what you're interested in and you'll be fine.

I got bullied a little by a certain imbecile but I had "strong words" with him during a lunch out of school one time when I just blew my fuse, I didn't actually hurt him, I just lifted him against the wall in front of his friends (who also knew me and we were cool) and told him to stop spreading rumors or else there'll be more than strong words. I didn't see him at all for a couple weeks and after that he stopped. Mission accomplished.

Anyway that turned into a ranty kind of reliving my past kind of post but bottom line is that high school/academy in my experience is generally fine, don't take cr*p from bullies.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Highschool disgustingly sucks. Leave from it as soon as possible. 

Highschool disgustingly sucks. Leave from it as soon as possible. 

I'm not planning on dropping out if thats what you mean...

No, I'm talking about finishing it sooner or alternatives. 

No, I'm talking about finishing it sooner or alternatives. 

oh, welcome to the forum by the way!

Since when did you have Macs that ran Windows?

They installed both OS's on it. it can run Windows or OSX (or whatever the OS is for macs). 

I dont like school because I learn more at work.

Get your diplomas and get the f*ck out. 

wtf is a diploma?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

oh, welcome to the forum by the way!

Thanks

wtf is a diploma?

Sorry, meaning certificate, graduation degree you know?

Sorry, meaning certificate, graduation degree you know?

oh ok im in uk so yeah........i should leave

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

So I am finally finishing off 8th grade this year, (I switched schools and was just barely too young to get into high school) and I have been thinking about high school a lot lately.

I am a little nervous, because I have braces and am going to have them until around the end of 10th grade, and it seems like I am going to have rubber bands for most of 9th grade, hopefully I still have chances with girls with them (not that girls are that important in 9th to 10th grade)

I also to be honest dislike most people in my grade. Most of them are either annoying or extremely arrogant. I do have quite a few friends though.

So my question is, is high school enjoyable and how was/is the entire experience for you?

High School is actually really chill and laid back most of the time. Nobody will really judge you for having braces unless there complete ass holes and even if you don't like the people in your grade you can talk to Sophomores and Juniors really easily considering most of your classes will probably have a mix of grade levels in them. Not sure about you getting all the babes but as lang as you just build relationships you should be good.

Also Some of the teachers are really awesome and some are just insane and probably shouldn't be teaching.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Freshman advice:

Don't act like you're hot shit b/c it'll make people hate you

Braces aren't that big of a deal. A ton of people went through it, it'll be okay. 

There are a ton of new people you'll get to meet, you'll make new friends with kids in your grade and upperclassmen. 

And with dating, I dated a few girls through high school (I'm going to be a senior next year) I dated a gamer and a weird girl my freshman year and I learned from my mistakes. End of freshman year I dated a girl for 3 years and we ended last summer. We started in 8th grade and were on and off since then. 

High school is so much better than middle school. You'll have fun. :)

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

It's been alright so far, and my school is literally full of assholes. I hate most of the people there.

All the people at my middle school are the same, and they all hate me <_<

Freshman advice:

Don't act like you're hot shit b/c it'll make people hate you

Braces aren't that big of a deal. A ton of people went through it, it'll be okay. 

There are a ton of new people you'll get to meet, you'll make new friends with kids in your grade and upperclassmen. 

And with dating, I dated a few girls through high school (I'm going to be a senior next year) I dated a gamer and a weird girl my freshman year and I learned from my mistakes. End of freshman year I dated a girl for 3 years and we ended last summer. We started in 8th grade and were on and off since then. 

High school is so much better than middle school. You'll have fun. :)

Is there a lot more homework?

Oh, yeah. I forgot to add. Watch out for pregnant teens. This society is totally messed up. Girls who always lose their virginity just to extend family too early.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to add. Watch out for pregnant teens. This society is totally messed up. Girls who always lose their virginity just to extend family too early.WeW

well, my after school teacher was pregnant D: