Jump to content

if the rumors are correct so...

GreenLeaf

Nvidia want to launch the 5080 before the 5090 because they want to set the 5080 price point to be as high as possible and that can allow them to make the 5090 price even higher.

that is probably smart but filthy.

prepper for GPU prices to go back to the shortage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's how it was with the 700 series too. Nothing new here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GreenLeaf said:

but still filthy.

NVIDIA is a filthy company. Probably somewhere towards the top in terms of being the worst lol. They make high quality products, but aren't afraid to screw over their customers, and don't really pretend to not to either.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

NVIDIA is a filthy company. Probably somewhere towards the top in terms of being the worst lol. They make high quality products, but aren't afraid to screw over their customers, and don't really pretend to not to either.

Yeah yeah but noone is forced to buy their products, they'll increase prices only as long as they sell the cards

Possibly they can even stop making GPU altogether, as their margins on AI cards are way higher anyway

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

NVIDIA is a filthy company. Probably somewhere towards the top in terms of being the worst lol. They make high quality products, but aren't afraid to screw over their customers, and don't really pretend to not to either.

some day that's will be illegal. 

they are doing a mistake. if they will fail with the enterprise shit they are doing they gonna be screwd.

cause gamers will start to go team red i am rockin' a 3070Ti and i want to replace it with a 4080 super for rendering vidoes faster but it costs 1500$ here

probably my next GPu is a 7900XTX

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

NVIDIA is a filthy company. Probably somewhere towards the top in terms of being the worst lol. They make high quality products, but aren't afraid to screw over their customers, and don't really pretend to not to either.

I agree.  That is why everything in my pc is AMD.

 

Take care and good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Yeah yeah but noone is forced to buy their products, they'll increase prices only as long as they sell the cards

Possibly they can even stop making GPU altogether, as their margins on AI cards are way higher anyway

For sure.

People enable NVIDIA's practices. Bitching all day, when they're the enablers. I speak for myself here, since I have purchased NVIDIA graphics cards in the past brand new, though these days I only purchase used products.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I agree.  That is why everything in my pc is AMD.

 

Take care and good luck.

AMD isn't the saint company either that people made it out to be in the past. I remember back in the FX days when AMD was considered the company that would save all of us by AMD fanboys, and then people bitched that AMD 'betrayed' them when they had similar prices to NVIDIA and Intel. They're a corporation making a profit at the end of the day.

 

They're not as bad as NVIDIA, but still not a saint or our savior. They're their own savior.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

AMD isn't the saint company either that people made it out to be in the past. I remember back in the FX days when AMD was considered the company that would save all of us by AMD fanboys, and then people bitched that AMD 'betrayed' them when they had similar prices to NVIDIA and Intel. They're a corporation making a profit at the end of the day.

 

This, never forget this. A lot of people took the stance with Intel Arc that since Nvidia was shooting prices up and AMD wasn’t really trying, Intel was their savior.

Hell to the no, buy a product on your personal takes on consumer ethics.
 

Don’t presume one competitor is good just because one of the others is terrible. Multiple things can be bad at the same time.

 

The real solution is to just lower your expectations and try to edge out of the hobby. I kept upgrading my pc and looking at new and higher end parts over and over until I kinda just realized, this sucks. The market sucks, the hardware sucks, none of it is interesting, if I really want to play some new AAA game at some point in the future, which I haven’t wanted to for years, I’ll buy a fuckin Xbox.

So now I roll an N100 and 750ti on windows 8.1, my psu is a decade old Hx850i.

Because high end hardware blows, it’s all priced terrible, everything I want to do runs fine on this, and modern windows sucks.

And more people should do the same, complaining about shit forever and doing nothing for yourself to do better is just lame. If you don’t like windows 11 and its stupid AI features, just don’t use it.

The only person making you pay $1600 for a video card, intentionally install a spyware OS on your pc, or sign up for a bunch of online only drm handled games is you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

every company have its pros and cons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

This, never forget this. A lot of people took the stance with Intel Arc that since Nvidia was shooting prices up and AMD wasn’t really trying, Intel was their savior.

Hell to the no, buy a product on your personal takes on consumer ethics.
 

Don’t presume one competitor is good just because one of the others is terrible. Multiple things can be bad at the same time.

 

The real solution is to just lower your expectations and try to edge out of the hobby. I kept upgrading my pc and looking at new and higher end parts over and over until I kinda just realized, this sucks. The market sucks, the hardware sucks, none of it is interesting, if I really want to play some new AAA game at some point in the future, which I haven’t wanted to for years, I’ll buy a fuckin Xbox.

So now I roll an N100 and 750ti on windows 8.1, my psu is a decade old Hx850i.

Because high end hardware blows, it’s all priced terrible, everything I want to do runs fine on this, and modern windows sucks.

And more people should do the same, complaining about shit forever and doing nothing for yourself to do better is just lame. If you don’t like windows 11 and its stupid AI features, just don’t use it.

The only person making you pay $1600 for a video card, intentionally install a spyware OS on your pc, or sign up for a bunch of online only drm handled games is you.

As I mentioned before, I buy used graphics cards(not sure if I'm going to switch to AMD in the future or not when my 3070 isn't enough) these days. Things are just too expensive to buy brand new, and I refuse to support the insanity of prices. 

 

For games, I'm kind of in the same boat to an extent. I rarely buy video games unless they are specifically interesting to me, which is a large range to be fair, but I find many of them are just not compelling enough for me to spend money. There are exceptions to that, such as with Assassin's Creed Mirage(which is the same formula it's pretty much always been, but I find the gameplay, storyline, and the environment to be compelling), and Hellblade II. Otherwise, I say no. For the more intensive games, such as with Hellblade II, I get the performance I want with my build that I'm okay with, and for less intensive games, I get the performance I want(Overwatch where I disable a lot of graphical settings to maintain a high frame rate). 

 

Additionally, I recommend that people just buy consoles unless they specifically want a PC, and then I explain the market to them, and if they're okay with certain aspects, and make them understand that if they want high fidelity with a high frame rate, it's not really going to be a cheap endeavor, depending on their requirements.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 8tg said:

This, never forget this. A lot of people took the stance with Intel Arc that since Nvidia was shooting prices up and AMD wasn’t really trying, Intel was their savior.

Hell to the no, buy a product on your personal takes on consumer ethics.
 

Don’t presume one competitor is good just because one of the others is terrible. Multiple things can be bad at the same time.

 

The real solution is to just lower your expectations and try to edge out of the hobby. I kept upgrading my pc and looking at new and higher end parts over and over until I kinda just realized, this sucks. The market sucks, the hardware sucks, none of it is interesting, if I really want to play some new AAA game at some point in the future, which I haven’t wanted to for years, I’ll buy a fuckin Xbox.

So now I roll an N100 and 750ti on windows 8.1, my psu is a decade old Hx850i.

Because high end hardware blows, it’s all priced terrible, everything I want to do runs fine on this, and modern windows sucks.

And more people should do the same, complaining about shit forever and doing nothing for yourself to do better is just lame. If you don’t like windows 11 and its stupid AI features, just don’t use it.

The only person making you pay $1600 for a video card, intentionally install a spyware OS on your pc, or sign up for a bunch of online only drm handled games is you.

good luck with linux or the 750Ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GreenLeaf said:

every company have its pros and cons

This is true.

Even though I shit over NVIDIA for their practices(and I don't regret that at all), AMD would likely do the same thing if they were in the same position.

 

Imagine if things were different. NVIDIA was where AMD is at now, and AMD would be where NVIDIA is now. Would AMD be the filthy company instead? Imagine if AMD never bought out ATI, and they still existed as a separate company.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

the more you quit tech the more you save.

now though AMD is doing stuff a lot more right than nvidia

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW i am after a surgery and i feel really bad 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GreenLeaf said:

 

Do you need help with something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, GreenLeaf said:

some day that's will be illegal. 

they are doing a mistake. if they will fail with the enterprise shit they are doing they gonna be screwd.

cause gamers will start to go team red i am rockin' a 3070Ti and i want to replace it with a 4080 super for rendering vidoes faster but it costs 1500$ here

probably my next GPu is a 7900XTX

 

You're quite young, correct?

 

It's nothing new, anywhere in the world.  Wont be illegal.  Ever.

 

Vote with your wallet 

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

 

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

 

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

 

DIL: Ryzen 7800X3D - Gigabyte B650 Gaming X V2 - ASRock Steel Legend 7900GRE - G. Skill Flare X5 CL6000CL32 32GB - TeamGroup MP44L 2TB - Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000w -NZXT H5 Elite

 

Emma: i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

 

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

 

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

 

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

 

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

 

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvidia about to launch the 5080 that means the 4080 will get cheaper and I'll finally be able to afford a 750Ti

It's the most goated card.

 

Guess what. You don't *need* to buy the latest hardware every year to be able to enjoy things, it's a bottomless money sinkhole. I build thinking the next big upgrade should be in 10+ years, I can change minor things like storage, add some memory or replace peripherals but the core components remain the same.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Nvidia about to launch the 5080 that means the 4080 will get cheaper and I'll finally be able to afford a 750Ti

It's the most goated card.

 

Guess what. You don't *need* to buy the latest hardware every year to be able to enjoy things, it's a bottomless money sinkhole. I build thinking the next big upgrade should be in 10+ years, I can change minor things like storage, add some memory or replace peripherals but the core components remain the same.

I hate the questions where people ask "should I upgrade now, or wait for X?" Improvements will always be made. Theoretically, we are always making improvements with new products. If people are always waiting for the latest and greatest hardware, they will never upgrade, and be in a constant "waiting" state because they're so worried about not having the latest and greatest item(CPU, graphics card, etc). 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!" - Apollolol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

upgrade should be in 10+ years

i recently upgraded from a GTX 960 2 gig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×