Amazon Shipping costs for computer parts?

mkdewidar

hey guys,

I live in a country where for some reason a $1000 gaming rig costs $1500.

I'm serious

So ignoring the taxes and importing fees which i would have to pay (which i dont even think there are any), how much would amazon have me pay for shipping for example this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3R8D2

also is the build ok? i was thinking about changing the case for NZXT phantom 410, would that be ok?

i don't want to have to mod anything since this is my build ever and ill be spending a lot so i just want to slot everything in and install linux and windows and start playing / content creating.

:)

thanks

hey guys,

I live in a country where for some reason a $1000 gaming rig costs $1500.

I'm serious

So ignoring the taxes and importing fees which i would have to pay (which i dont even think there are any), how much would amazon have me pay for shipping for example this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3R8D2

also is the build ok? i was thinking about changing the case for NZXT phantom 410, would that be ok?

i don't want to have to mod anything since this is my build ever and ill be spending a lot so i just want to slot everything in and install linux and windows and start playing / content creating.

:)

thanks

It is a good build. I suggest you get the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 instead of the Z87 variant.

Also get the r9 280 or 280x as those have more vRAM.

The rest seems good :)

In which country do you live in? I cannot determine the cost of shipping without that information.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Where do you live?

In which country do you live in? I cannot determine the cost of shipping without that information.

I live in Saudi Arabia, I'm planning to go to ask about the taxes / import fees. I actually put in my location in amazon and put all the stuff in my cart and it cost $1200 but the main problem is that it said it can't deliver those parts to me, had I done something wrong?

It is a good build. I suggest you get the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 instead of the Z87 variant.

Also get the r9 280 or 280x as those have more vRAM.

The rest seems good :)

I think I had heard someone (I think it was on the WAN show) where they said that the backwards comparability isn't exactly that good...maybe I just misunderstood.

I also don't plan on going higher than 1080p, so I don't need the extra VRAM, I also think nVidias bundled games are better, I want to get my hand in those.

I live in Saudi Arabia, I'm planning to go to ask about the taxes / import fees. I actually put in my location in amazon and put all the stuff in my cart and it cost $1200 but the main problem is that it said it can't deliver those parts to me, had I done something wrong?

I think I had heard someone (I think it was on the WAN show) where they said that the backwards comparability isn't exactly that good...maybe I just misunderstood.

I also don't plan on going higher than 1080p, so I don't need the extra VRAM, I also think nVidias bundled games are better, I want to get my hand in those.

As you like. But for example, Watch Dogs on Ultra uses more than 2.5GB (just a heads up).

There are no backwards compatibility issues. Most reviewers and many people are using 4670k and 4770ks with Z97 boards.

You still didn't let me know where you are from.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

As you like. But for example, Watch Dogs on Ultra uses more than 2.5GB (just a heads up).

There are no backwards compatibility issues. Most reviewers and many people are using 4670k and 4770ks with Z97 boards.

You still didn't let me know where you are from.

I told you; Saudi Arabia.

Do you think the 4GB version of the 770 is worth it? It's like extra $50 or something. I really don't feel like getting an amd card...don't ask me why...

I told you; Saudi Arabia.

Do you think the 4GB version of the 770 is worth it? It's like extra $50 or something. I really don't feel like getting an amd card...don't ask me why...

Sorry about that. Must have skipped it in the midst of the quotes.

No, the 4GB 770 is not worth it at all. It can only properly utilize 3GB.

And if you have the budget for a 4GB 770, i highly recommend you look at the r9 290. Outperforms the 780 and is much better value than the 780.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Sorry about that. Must have skipped it in the midst of the quotes.

No, the 4GB 770 is not worth it at all. It can only properly utilize 3GB.

And if you have the budget for a 4GB 770, i highly recommend you look at the r9 290. Outperforms the 780 and is much better value than the 780.

Ok bro thanks, I'll consider your opinion.

But why does it only utilise 3GB? How did you know that?

Ok bro thanks, I'll consider your opinion.

But why does it only utilise 3GB? How did you know that?

Bus width is only 256. Cannot use more than ABOUT 3 GB (estimates say less though).

That is why cards with more vRAM (the normal versions, not with souped up vRAM) have more bus width. EG r9 290 has 4GB and has 512  bit bus.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Bus width is only 256. Cannot use more than ABOUT 3 GB (estimates say less though).

That is why cards with more vRAM (the normal versions, not with souped up vRAM) have more bus width. EG r9 290 has 4GB and has 512 bit bus.

Ahhhh yes yes, I get it know.

So, do you know how amazons shipping works? Is it by weight? Distance? How exactly do they calculate it?

So, do you know how amazons shipping works? Is it by weight? Distance? How exactly do they calculate it?

Usually they have a fixed amount for a certain range of weights. Once you put in your address in saudi arabia, it should automatically include the shipping costs and give you a final cost at the end (including any taxes the country has).

This link should help you figure out the shipping costs: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596204

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I dunno how international shipping work in Saudi, But here in Canada when you ship something Internationally when it hits the border it will go through customs, depending on its price (if the item costs a certain amount or more) you will have to pay tax/duty on the item(s).  One of 2 things happen either the place you bought it from will pay for the taxes/duty (well you will have payed it, it was just built into the cost) or the shipping company will pay it and then you have to pay them for the cost before they give it to you.  So you probably won't be able to dodge taxes to pay less.  So I'd do you research before you start ordering stuff could end up costing you more.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

i live in U.A.E so pretty much near u, when u are buying something from amazon, make sure it says sold by amazon, because other dealers on amazon website dont ship to suadi arabia.

as for the cost each part is 15-50$ or so depending on the weight and size, if u buy everything in 1 time, u can chose the option to ship everything togather which can be a bit cheaper, i would say u will pay about 250$ in total.

and for the taxes, idk about suadi arabia but here we pay 5% on any shipment that cost 1000$ or more, so if u divide it to 2 shipments u will pay nothing, but check for your country since not sure its the same.