Floatplane suggestion with YouTube

Over the years, I've listened to Linus complain about the youtube apps for creators and how they always suck and stuff.

I wonder if Floatplane could add a platform manager. For example, we could upload videos to Floatplane and then crosspost them to YouTube.

This would probably be a bit more appealing for creators who want to try out Floatplane but don't want the hassle of managing two platforms.

YouTube has an entire API with options for reading and responding to comments and uploading videos with metadata.
So, Floatplane could become a platform for creators to manage their YouTube channel, from responding to comments to uploading YouTube videos.

Also, since this is something built on Floatplane, LTT could streamline their uploading workflow too.

@Slick I see you post a lot about Floatplane, thoughts?

I never used floatplane but even without using youtubes API this can be done (if not already) like the way netflix does.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 minutes ago, Linkion said:

@Slick I see you post a lot about Floatplane, thoughts?

Floatplane is a team of 5? people.  Getting features for function and usability written, tested, and out the door is already taking most of their time. Linus and Luke have said before that they have no intention of taking on YouTube as a platform, and the FAS (Floatplane As a Service) is something that would take a massive investment and would be financially irresponsible for the company.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:20 PM, BiotechBen said:

Floatplane is a team of 5? people.  Getting features for function and usability written, tested, and out the door is already taking most of their time. Linus and Luke have said before that they have no intention of taking on YouTube as a platform, and the FAS (Floatplane As a Service) is something that would take a massive investment and would be financially irresponsible for the company.

I don't think it's that hard to do; I'm not saying to build an entire platform from the ground up in one go. But they could start by being able to read and respond to comments from YouTube on Floatplane. Then, if it goes well, maybe implement uploading videos to YouTube.

The reason I'm saying this isn't too much work for just five people is that most of the hard work has already been done with the YouTube API; they just need to implement the end part of the frontend and some backend.