False alarm.

False alarm.

1HF6LX7.png

False alarm.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

EBay themselves have spammed me enough with this shit already even after I've changed it.

I don't need some oxygen thief sending more lol.

I also got this email and there are no links in it so I'm thinking it's just some mass email they've sent to get everyone to change their password?

I also got this email and there are no links in it so I'm thinking it's just some mass email they've sent to get everyone to change their password?

Not sure, i only needed to read a small portion of the mail, then pressed printscreen and deleted it.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Should've seen the sender address. Or viewed the source to see if it came from one of Ebays registered servers or a different one.

I am whatever I am. 

Ebay was hacked, and they have been sending out emails asking for you to reset your password.

This one is legit, I got the same one.

There are no links to click, so that pretty much says its legit. Scams always get you to click a link going to their own site to get your password, if they don't provide a link for you to click then what is the point of it being sent ?

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Ebay was hacked, and they have been sending out emails asking for you to reset your password.

There are no links to click, so that pretty much says its legit. Scams always get you to click a link going to their own site to get your password, if they don't provide a link for you to click then what is the point of it being sent ?

Thanks for clarification, can never be too careful these days though.

I should have looked at the mail entirely.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

If its being delivered to a mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, a payload could be injected and triggered as soon as the email is loaded. There are a lot of unprotected or improperly secured systems out there on which this type of exploit would work.

Granted its not the case here, just saying it could happen.

I am whatever I am. 

If its being delivered to a mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, a payload could be injected and triggered as soon as the email is loaded. There are a lot of unprotected or improperly secured systems out there on which this type of exploit would work.

I never knew that, thanks for telling us.

What about the built in windows mail in windows 8/8.1 ?

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

I never knew that, thanks for telling us.

What about the built in windows mail in windows 8/8.1 ?

Pretty sure its still called outlook, I dont know. I have about 12 minutes of Windows 8 time at a best buy under my belt, so I couldn't tell you for sure. But if its a new enough exploit, it *could* affect windows 8/.1 systems. Best to just keep the program up to date and have some kind of anti virus that offers SMTP/POP filtering (Avast does this by default).

I am whatever I am. 

good old outlook preview pane. For when you don't even have to open an email to get a virus