Status of Asus?

On 5/13/2024 at 3:33 PM, MrXeno said:

I never had issues with ASUS but idk if its because of how Danish law works. Most of the stores here is the one that needs to pay if there is a issues and then they can take it with the company that is making the device. But it doesn't suprise me anymore. Now i need to find a new motherboard when i order a new pc next month....

yeah, one gotta love Danish/EU customer protection laws. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Wanted to post a good experience I had with ASUS,

A few years back my back yard got struck by lightning,

Somehow this caused damage to my PC,

However the only damage was a few HDMI/USB ports no longer functioning, 

I sent an RMA request to ASUS, telling them exactly what happened, 

Despite the motherboard been well out of warranty (and wouldn't be covered anyway),

They repaired it for free, including shipping,

Maybe it depends on what country you are in, as Australia has some fairly strict consumer protection laws

I never had an issue with ASUS. Simply plug & play. With that said b4 i got my new Mobo & Cpu i did see & read a few things about ASUS that was concerning to me so i got a Gigabyte Mobo. Still got the other 2 ASUS Mobo's sitting around doing nothing till i build into them.

ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Q9450 i think it was for this lol. No it was the 3570k omg this is going way back.

ASUS Prime Z270-AR - 7600k (this will be used for DRM games soon).

Now Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4 - 13600k

I upgrade rarely, so when i do. I do see them upgrades in performance. So after all those years i never ever had an issue with ASUS. But um i wasn't going to over spend this time around & worry about things ASUS just in case. (Also supported Gigabyte due to the fact that even still to this day my 970 gpu from them works, so i stick with them now). Times change things change people change & so do company's. We all have to live & work with it. Ill be repurposing the ASUS Prime Z270-AR - 7600k. Get Win 7 or XP on it then play all my DRM games that i miss playing.

Personally tho i think ASUS will bounce back strong. If so great we have liked them for many many years now & lets hope we can in the future. I was always trying to get those mobo's that had lol military components in them. Now i know better they still look amazing 😜, from back in those days. I may do a Linus & source 1 of them for that very build.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w