Getting devices ready stuck at 90% for hours

I just recently rebuilt my system upgraded from a pretty old platform to a more recent one. So windows is probably stuck detecting drivers.

i upgraded from a 4790k build to a 12600kf so I could see why I would run in to issues.

it was at 90 percent then I took a nap for a few hours and it’s still loading so I’m not sure if it’s actually anything

image.jpg

Just start the installation again no problem.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

I would power it down and let it start up again, likely just got stuck.  if it still doesn't boot the 2nd time around we can try doing a repair from CMD

2 minutes ago, Bonznumber1 said:

I would power it down and let it start up again, likely just got stuck.  if it still doesn't boot the 2nd time around we can try doing a repair from CMD

This worked good but now my mouse isn’t detected so am I gonna have to manually install drivers somehow. Weird tho because my keyboard works fine.

Just now, Akimbohh said:

This worked good but now my mouse isn’t detected so am I gonna have to manually install drivers somehow 

I assume you've tried plugging into a different port? 

also if it has internet just let it sit for a bit.  windows should update most of the drivers on it's own so it could just start working lol

Just now, Bonznumber1 said:

I assume you've tried plugging into a different port? 

also if it has internet just let it sit for a bit.  windows should update most of the drivers on it's own so it could just start working lol

Should I move the setup and connect to Ethernet 

Just now, Akimbohh said:

Should I move the setup and connect to Ethernet 

yep, go through as much as you can with just the keyboard.  heck if you can get to the desktop and check for updates all the better

31 minutes ago, Bonznumber1 said:

yep, go through as much as you can with just the keyboard.  heck if you can get to the desktop and check for updates all the better

Not even Ethernet will work Wi-Fi worked for a second. I’m confused why it works sometimes. But then shuts off…

defiantly having problems with drivers.  your going to need another computer that you can use to download the chipset driver.  that should cover enough drivers to get up and running.

what MSI mobo are you running? 

Just now, Bonznumber1 said:

defiantly having problems with drivers.  your going to need another computer that you can use to download the chipset driver.  that should cover enough drivers to get up and running.

Z790p

1 minute ago, Bonznumber1 said:

I actually got the chipset installed before Wi-Fi stopped working I don’t think that made any changes.

2 minutes ago, Akimbohh said:

I actually got the chipset installed before Wi-Fi stopped working I don’t think that made any changes.

that's strange chipset should have taken care of USB at least, see if you can get this one installed https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/DRV_LAN_Realtek_8125_SZ-TSD_W11_64_V112596142022_20220908B.zip?model=PRIME Z790-P

Sorry been away from the site.  How'd you make out?