Need help fixing dual monitor fullscreen bug.

Toasty321

I have recently started using a dual monitor setup, an LG 27GP83B-B and a Sceptre E248W. The issue I am having is that whenever I attempt to play a game like CS2 in fullscreen stretched resolution, it pushes everything on my second monitor out of view, and pushes what was on my first screen over to it. The only way to "fix" it is if i make my main monitor the exact resolution of the game, which is annoying to switch back and forth from. Attached are images of what I am talking about. Any help is appreciated!

(Notes)

- Main monitor is in 2560x1440

- Second Monitor is vertical and 1920x1080

- Im trying to play cs2 in 4:3 and 1280x960

- When I had the Scpetre + a random office monitor i never had this issue. Both monitors then were in landscape but I do not think that has anything to do with it.

monitorexample1.jpg

monitorexample2.jpg

It's the way Windows handles multiple monitors from left to right. If you run your game at a lower resolution in full screen, the left desktop gets smaller and everything moves to the left. The only real and permanent way to fix this is to have the 2nd monitor on the left. I know it sounds stupid, but I have the same problem. You can also just set it to the left in software and get used to the unintuitive cursor movement between your monitors.

I also remember NOT having this issue in the past, and I think the common denominator is that I used Windows 10 before and now on 11 I have this issue.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

It's the way Windows handles multiple monitors from left to right. If you run your game at a lower resolution in full screen, the left desktop gets smaller and everything moves to the left. The only real and permanent way to fix this is to have the 2nd monitor on the left. I know it sounds stupid, but I have the same problem. You can also just set it to the left in software and get used to the unintuitive cursor movement between your monitors.

I also remember NOT having this issue in the past, and I think the common denominator is that I used Windows 10 before and now on 11 I have this issue.

Thank you so much for the help!! That sucks that windows 11 works like that, hopefully they’ll change it eventually…