System not booting after assembly

FYI this is copy pasted from my Reddit post in r/pcbuilds

Hi, I've promised a good friend of mine to get him into the PC Master Race.

I've picked all the parts, looked up the offers online and forwarded him all the infos needed so he can proceed to order.

Fast forward a couple days and everything arrives, I come over we have a beer and I assemble that Machine (I'am very experienced)

Boot - doesnt boot - *sigh* check whats wrong - MOBO displays red LED in the following order :

RED CPU LED - RED DRAM LED - RED CPU LED

*It stays on the red cpu LED indefinitely.

Stuff I tried and checked to fix already :

• Reseat the RAM from 1 and 3 to 2 and 4

• Try booting with only one stick

• Reseat CPU + Cooler

• Rewire CPU Power connectors

• Rewire all cables in the PSU

• Tried Booting without the GPU Powered/Installed

• Checked if CPU & Socket have bend pins - they dont

• started the pc and let it run for a solid 10mins with the hopes of God fixing the issue for me - yet here I'am

Keep in mind I never saw a Boot screen, aka. no access to BIOS.

My current guess is as follow:

The RAM is clocked at 6000mhz, I've read on some Forum posts that the 1.0 revision of the MOBO doesnt support those speeds with the base BIOS installed.

Luckily its Gigabyte so it usually offers BIOS updates without access to the BIOS with qflash. I tried that, however the machine turns on for 5-7 seconds and powers off again.

My second guess, which I hope is wrong : Dead CPU (I hope that not the case)

Anyways, I've tried some other stuff like clearing cmos etc. but those were just hail marys. The specs of the Build are below, I appreciate any and every support and Ideas yall can give.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800x3D

CPU FAN: Noctua NH U-12S

MOBO: Gigabyte x670 AM5 ATX

RAM: Corsair 2x32gb 6000mhz CL30 DDR5

SSD: Samsung 990 2TB NVME

GPU: 4060TI Aorus

PSU: Corsair RM850e

CASE: Thermaltake V200

3 minutes ago, Nyu535 said:

The RAM is clocked at 6000mhz

no it's not. the ram is the base speed of ddr5 until you overclock it

5 minutes ago, Nyu535 said:

MOBO: Gigabyte x670 AM5 ATX

figure out what the model is for the motherboard correctly as this isn't it

4 minutes ago, Nyu535 said:

I tried that, however the machine turns on for 5-7 seconds and powers off again.

This indicates either a dead motherboard, or an improperly setup flash drive for Q-Flash. It could be anything from the motherboard not liking the flash drive (some boards can be rather picky), the wrong BIOS file (I.E. WiFi BIOS for the non-WiFi board or vice versa), or the files in the wrong setup. 

50 minutes ago, emosun said:

figure out what the model is for the motherboard correctly as this isn't it

I dont quite get what you mean by that? The Full Name of the MOBO is x670 Aorus Elite AX (thats the only thing you find by looking up what I previously posted)

50 minutes ago, emosun said:

no it's not. the ram is the base speed of ddr5 until you overclock it

56 minutes ago, Nyu535 said:

I wasnt sure whether or not XMP is enabled by default, this was solely an assumption.

37 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This indicates either a dead motherboard, or an improperly setup flash drive for Q-Flash. It could be anything from the motherboard not liking the flash drive (some boards can be rather picky), the wrong BIOS file (I.E. WiFi BIOS for the non-WiFi board or vice versa), or the files in the wrong setup. 

I've seen that on some other forums aswell. I tried using a USB 2.0 Drive.
I'll try it again with a 3.0 drive I didnt have on me back then.

I downloaded the driver from Gigabytes site for the correct mainboard, I just double checked to make sure.
Would a Dead MOBO still give me different LED codes depending on what components are installed?

What I mean by that is that I forgot to replug the CPU Power connectors after remounting the Cooling solution.
The MOBO only reported a CPU LED and didnt even jump to the DRAM LED. Which quite quickly made me understand my oversight.

9 minutes ago, Nyu535 said:

Would a Dead MOBO still give me different LED codes depending on what components are installed?

I've seen it happen. It's not that common, but it does happen from time to time. 

remember to reduce bios file name to 7+3 asci standard. or whatever it is.. bios'es often don't like longer filenames and make sure the usb thumbdrive is fat32 formated. 

14 hours ago, Robchil said:

remember to reduce bios file name to 7+3 asci standard. or whatever it is.. bios'es often don't like longer filenames and make sure the usb thumbdrive is fat32 formated. 

I'll keep that in mind, meeting with my friend later today in the hopes of fixing it 😉