Can I use an RTX 4070 Super OC with my current I5-12400F and 600 watt Cooler Master 90+ Gold PSU

Im looking into upgrading from my current 3060 to 4070 super but im not sure my current psu is able to handle it. 

PC specs:

I5-12400F 

4070 Super (after upgrade)

WD_Black 1TB SSD

Cooler Master 600 Watt 90+ Gold

4x16 GB 3600 Mh/z DDR4 RAM

Blizzard OC Mobo

To whoever replies, Thanks.

3 hours ago, Valeatis said:

Cooler Master 600 Watt 90+ Gold certified

90+ Gold is not a certification. If this is written on the 'certifcation label' it's fake. What's the exact model of this Cooler Master PSU?

I'm running a Ryzen 5 7600X and a 4070 Super on a 550w and it seems to be fine

Apprentice Software Developer

14 hours ago, Bob_The_Builder said:

realistically you should think about upgrading, the 4070 SUPER has spikes of up to 450W which is way too much for the cooler master to handle, something like a 800W should be good. Here is a list of the best PSUs.

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

The PSU itself is rated for spikes way beyond its sticker too, FYI.   You can run a 4070 on a 550W power supply and it'll be just fine.

There's not really many builds that need an 800W+ power supply unless they're so high end where the power supply cost doesn't really mattery anyways....as a rule of thumb right now.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

15 hours ago, Bob_The_Builder said:

realistically you should think about upgrading, the 4070 SUPER has spikes of up to 450W which is way too much for the cooler master to handle, something like a 800W should be good. Here is a list of the best PSUs.

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

It does? Do you have any source for that?

Guru3d didn't find that.

https://www.guru3d.com/review/geforce-rtx-4070-super-founder-edition-review/page-5/

Neither did Techpowerup

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-4070-super-aorus-master/40.html

I tried looking, I couldn't find anything claiming that a 4070 super should have that crazy powerspikes.

Edit: I ran a 4070 on a 460 w psu. Had no issues. The 4070 was lauded for being very stable in that regard, and I can't imagine that the 4070 Super is that different.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

44 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

It does? Do you have any source for that?

Guru3d didn't find that.

https://www.guru3d.com/review/geforce-rtx-4070-super-founder-edition-review/page-5/

Neither did Techpowerup

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-4070-super-aorus-master/40.html

I tried looking, I couldn't find anything claiming that a 4070 super should have that crazy powerspikes.

Edit: I ran a 4070 on a 460 w psu. Had no issues. The 4070 was lauded for being very stable in that regard, and I can't imagine that the 4070 Super is that different.

I mean I have no experience with the card and I am sorry for giving wrong info, when I googled 4070 super 1ms power spikes the ai overview gave me the wrong information

20 hours ago, --SID-- said:

90+ Gold is not a certification. If this is written on the 'certifcation label' it's fake. What's the exact model of this Cooler Master PSU?

All i know is its an hp branded cooler master psu.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking into upgrading from my current 3060 to 4070 super but im not sure my current psu is able to handle it. 

PC specs:

I5-12400F 

4070 Super (after upgrade)

WD_Black 1TB SSD

Cooler Master 600 Watt 90+ Gold

4x16 GB 3600 Mh/z DDR4 RAM

Blizzard OC Mobo

To whoever replies, Thanks.

-= Topics Merged =-

Please refrain from reposting topics just continue the conversation. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER