Too many USB devices causes BT to disconnect. Install Expansion Card?

Posted (edited)

I have a lot of USB devices plugged in to my desktop computer, including a video capture device, and this is causing disruption on my bluetooth-connected devices. Yes, to my surprise, I discovered that USB and BT devices share the same underlying bus.

My BT keyboard kept disconnecting and after weeks of troubleshooting I found the tree view on Device Manager:

r7uPzVm.jpeg

After knowing this, I started unplugging USB devices and lo and behold my BT keyboard never disconnected again. Thing is, I want/need to have more USB devices plugged in to my PC and the bus seems to get saturated quite quickly, or the keyboard is a bit of a diva idk: plug in video capture, Keyboard starts disconnecting, unplug it, Keyboard never disconnects. I actually had this happen before the USB video capture device but managed to solve it but shuffling around all the USB devices among the different ports until it reached stability, but now I want to add one more device and everything breaks.

I'm thinking of installing a PCIe USB Expansion Card WITH ITS OWN CONTROLLER. 

• Do you guys think this is a good idea that would solve my issue? 
    • What if I install a video capture card, thus changing from external/USB to internal? would that share the same bus and keep causing issues?
  • Do you have any expansion card to recommend? must have USB-C, and I'd like to stay away from external ones as that would add more shit to my desk including a cable to power it.

Thank you!

Specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
  • Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
  • Keyboard: Keychron K10 Pro
Edited by Hey_AND1
added specs

most motherboards have more than one usb controller, it might just be a matter of moving the capture card to the other controller.

22 minutes ago, manikyath said:

most motherboards have more than one usb controller, it might just be a matter of moving the capture card to the other controller.

Thanks for the reply!

Device Manager shows only that USB Controller I referenced on the screenshot and I don't see any mention of multiple USB Controllers on the motherboard's manual (MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700), so I'm not sure that's the case for mine?