What genuinely is the best computer speaker set for gaming and basic music listening under 100$?

tommmie20000

I've been searching for a good gaming speaker set that i can just put on my desk, and ive also seen speakers like the arena 5/9, or the Logitech G560 (these are just some of basic ones). but id like to know if there is any speaker set at around 100$ which is actually good considering price to performance (as a set i mean left right and sub).

I love my mackie cr3 pair. They are good enough that I don't feel the need for a sub, though there is a bluetooth sub you can get to match.

https://a.co/d/7wqFLVh

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

No reason to ask for "best" if your budget is under $100.

Not a lot of options and I would hardly call any recommendation good.

Since you specifically want a subwoofer included, I would save a little more money and get the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Other than that, just settle for whatever Logitech 2.1 / 5.1 setup fits your budget.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

25 minutes ago, tommmie20000 said:

I've been searching for a good gaming speaker set that i can just put on my desk, and ive also seen speakers like the arena 5/9, or the Logitech G560 (these are just some of basic ones). but id like to know if there is any speaker set at around 100$ which is actually good considering price to performance (as a set i mean left right and sub).

Most "basic" speakers are worse than 25 dollar ear buds. For a computer to sound decent, it needs to be at least a 2.1 subwoofer set. Anything without a subwoofer requires a much larger set of speakers and you just won't find those anymore since they went out of style in the 90's.

59 minutes ago, tommmie20000 said:

just get a basic soundbar honestly. Better than any PC speaker by far, and has multiple ways of attaching it to your PC, either through a AUX cable, HDMI or others.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Creative Pebble, but you can get much better for not a lot more money (used JBL 305 are a killer deal) also thinking you can get a moderately decent sub in this budget is not happening

If you have any patience and depending on what area you live in.

Used speakers... I am listening right now to a basically $85~ speaker set up..     Using some $50~ vintage made in USA NHT SuperZero speakers and using a Nobsound NS_04G Pro (TPA3116) class D mini amp..  which cost about $35~     in fairness I actually have an about $100 2.1 set up because I also have the NHT SW1 passive subwoofer that I also picked up for about $20.

Anyways you obviously need to do research and check condition but  used speakers are an absolutely amazing deal a lot of times... If you have the desk space you can also sometimes pick up vintage stereo amps / receivers for low dollars,   I have an absolutely fantastic Kenwood KR-V106R (100WPC receiver) that I bought for $20 in very good condition.  actually the NHT superzero's are sitting on top of an also $50~ pair of JBL L1 6" 3-ways (made in USA).

But if you are short of space a class D amp will do fine

image.thumb.jpeg.52d2182c6a1558e4e79248cbc8f0e363.jpegkenwood_krV106R.thumb.jpg.474d8306df303cb2bc9e72fbe8881b4d.jpg

I just had a look at your other post where you attached pictures of your desk. Judging by that, there is not a whole lot of space where speakers could be placed. 
Adding "small form factor" to the list doesn't really increase the number of options - otherwise something like the already suggested used hifi speakers could indeed be a good choice.

For 100€ (or SEK or something like that? Your CEE 7/3 sockets tell me you're most likely somewhere in continental Europe, but it's not Germany - QWERTY) a nice passive 2.1 system with an amp (something like a Canton Fonissimo) could maybe be found with a bit of luck. Just don't get anything from Bose.

The easy way out would be some old Logitech System (Z2300 for example). Bear in mind, those PC systems are generally not what you'd call "hifi" (flat response etc.) but tuned for fun (bathtub-EQ, more bass and treble). Depending on your listening preferences this might exactly be what your looking for or quite the opposite. 

Even if it is way, way, way out of your budget, you might take a look at the Kali Audio IN-UNF. I guess this could be one of the best systems that actually fit on your desk. 

On 5/6/2024 at 9:22 PM, Sandbass said:

I just had a look at your other post where you attached pictures of your desk. Judging by that, there is not a whole lot of space where speakers could be placed. 
Adding "small form factor" to the list doesn't really increase the number of options - otherwise something like the already suggested used hifi speakers could indeed be a good choice.

For 100€ (or SEK or something like that? Your CEE 7/3 sockets tell me you're most likely somewhere in continental Europe, but it's not Germany - QWERTY) a nice passive 2.1 system with an amp (something like a Canton Fonissimo) could maybe be found with a bit of luck. Just don't get anything from Bose.

The easy way out would be some old Logitech System (Z2300 for example). Bear in mind, those PC systems are generally not what you'd call "hifi" (flat response etc.) but tuned for fun (bathtub-EQ, more bass and treble). Depending on your listening preferences this might exactly be what your looking for or quite the opposite. 

Even if it is way, way, way out of your budget, you might take a look at the Kali Audio IN-UNF. I guess this could be one of the best systems that actually fit on your desk. 

Thanks for the advice, did you just really anylize all of those pictures 😭

Definitely look at getting something used. It's the easiest way to get the most bang for your buck. Look at something like the CR3, they actually have great sound and I don't even miss having a subwoofer with my CR5s. They cost me $80, though I did score them for a killer price. Thanks eBay. There are other 3" monitors that you can get, but you'd have to research them as I haven't bothered in quite some time.

On 5/5/2024 at 3:13 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

No reason to ask for "best" if your budget is under $100.

Not a lot of options and I would hardly call any recommendation good.

Since you specifically want a subwoofer included, I would save a little more money and get the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Other than that, just settle for whatever Logitech 2.1 / 5.1 setup fits your budget.

Actually, you can. There will always be a best product at any given price point. It won't be best in class, but that should be obvious.

On 5/5/2024 at 3:18 PM, Kisai said:

Most "basic" speakers are worse than 25 dollar ear buds. For a computer to sound decent, it needs to be at least a 2.1 subwoofer set. Anything without a subwoofer requires a much larger set of speakers and you just won't find those anymore since they went out of style in the 90's.

That's not accurate. You don't need a subwoofer for a PC system to sound decent. There are lots of monitors that sound superb without the addition of a subwoofer, like the CR3, Kanto YU2, etc.

On 5/5/2024 at 3:51 PM, SImoHayha said:

just get a basic soundbar honestly. Better than any PC speaker by far, and has multiple ways of attaching it to your PC, either through a AUX cable, HDMI or others.

Eh, the idea of soundbars are nice, but up close like that you lose a lot of right-left separation, unless you get a pretty good one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red