JBL flip 6

Rumman

Should I consider JBL flip 6 as a good option for PC sound system? Don't find any options within this budget. 

For 100 bucks you can easily get a pair of actual studio monitors that will apply as proper speakers instead of that boombox, so no, don't.

Any PC speakers suggestions?

Used JBL 305 are pretty much always my recommendation for lower budget PC speakers, Creative Pebbles are alright, just make sure you don't get the "Subwoofer" because that sub is trash. 

Not sure what your benchmark for "good PC sound system" is, but I've gone a year using just my MacBook 16 Pro speakers as my desktop speakers with no complaints. My JBL Flip 4 sounds about the same, with a little extra on the low end and it has a 3.5mm output.

The JBL Flip 5 and 6 do not have a 3.5mm output, but it works with a USB-C to 3.5mm cable and some annoying juggling of buttons. They also changed it from Stereo to Mono for the Flip 5 and 6... -_-

At $75 for the Flip 4, I think it's a fine option for a PC sound for general usage. Nothing to brag about if you're expecting deep immersion in movies.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Flip-Black-Noise-Cancelling-Speakerphone/dp/B06VYGG6H5

If the camouflage is ugly (I understand lol) then there should be plenty of options on eBay.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I love the flip series speakers for hiking/disc golfing with buddies who also have the flip speakers. You can link 2...3...4...+ speakers together, essentially letting you turn the volume down but each person can hear the music with 0 latency between the linked speakers. Now would I use the flip series speakers for a desktop? Not unless I already owned it and was tight on cash.

As others said, get an actual set of speakers for the desk/pc, but only if it wont break the bank. It may be worth saving a few extra buckaroos from some pay checks to open up more options to yourself as well.

On 5/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, Rumman said:

Should I consider JBL flip 6 as a good option for PC sound system? Don't find any options within this budget. 

I own these they are great for their intended use case being a portable set of speakers. For about the same money edifier p12 are way better for the use case you want. You can probably find something better in the used market but if you want some things new the edifier p12 and 1280 t are both decent for the price

On 5/7/2024 at 11:50 PM, Phantasmagoria said:

those are passive speakers though he gonna need a receiver also or something like a soundblaster x7 to use those. if your budget is 100 i would go with creative T100 2.0 or edifier g2000 or increase the budget

Oops your right on the p12. The 1280t is  active though 

I'd say go for a pair of desktop speakers, like Micca MB42X Advanced Bookshelf Speakers (Passive) or Edifier R980T (Active). I actually have a Bose Soundlink Mini II which sounded decent enough (had it hooked up to my PC for a short while)...but, for PC gaming, watching movies, audio/music appreciation, it's kinda lacking. Honestly, a pair of Creative T40 Series II (Active) would pack more punch....I happen to have one for my gaming laptop, and it sounds great for a 2.0

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2