DELETE ME THX

Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,
20 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

The power unit this pc has is 300w.

Not really... not for 12V (which is what you need for CPU & GPU)
image.png.71ea8165787c6d6b314cc6e50d29415b.png

19A x 12V = 228W

Look I know this is dangerous and dumb, but out of the two witch one is a better option if you must use one?

Someone has a gun to your head and you must continue using that PSU? 😆
Anyways, 2x molex to pcie 6+2 , because:

Single molex connector: max 11A (11A * 12V = 132W)

image.png.314e78bcc0bdf7c7a6c84e514d6b3d1a.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

Single sata power connector: 4.5A (4.5A * 12V = 54W)
image.png.88c8b50828aa3cbd3b50e2b05922a343.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA#SATA_power

If you must set something on fire, go with that PSU and 2x molex xD.

DELETE THIS POST
Look I know this is dangerous and dumb, but out of the two witch one is a better option if you must use one? a8-7600 and r9 nano. Pcie slot should deliver 75w, so adapter needs to deliver 100w @ max peak tdp of the r9 nano. A8-7600 tdp 65w. The power unit this pc has is 300w.

So molex or sata? I own both adapters. Witch one is more suitable for the job. Yes I know this might turn into a bomb. Don't worry I'll record it and post here if it happens.

Snapchat-1286169673.jpg

Snapchat-989761935.jpg

Snapchat-1027825680.jpg

I wouldn't suggest either. The PSU has only 19A on 12V rail - 228W

Nano might consume up to 175W and CPU above 65W probably.

I edit my posts more often than not

Molex always, SATA isn't meant for carrying much current. SATA max 4.5A on 12V, Molex can do 10A. 

Also you can't just expect the card to take 75W from the PCIe slot.

That' said you're above the rating of the PSU, it can only give 230W on 12V which is what all major components are drawing from.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

The power unit this pc has is 300w.

Not really... not for 12V (which is what you need for CPU & GPU)
image.png.71ea8165787c6d6b314cc6e50d29415b.png

19A x 12V = 228W

Look I know this is dangerous and dumb, but out of the two witch one is a better option if you must use one?

Someone has a gun to your head and you must continue using that PSU? 😆
Anyways, 2x molex to pcie 6+2 , because:

Single molex connector: max 11A (11A * 12V = 132W)

image.png.314e78bcc0bdf7c7a6c84e514d6b3d1a.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

Single sata power connector: 4.5A (4.5A * 12V = 54W)
image.png.88c8b50828aa3cbd3b50e2b05922a343.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA#SATA_power

If you must set something on fire, go with that PSU and 2x molex xD.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Neither this is a guaranteed pc kill/fire.

Molex is the least bad but the fury nano will simply put cause more power drawn than this cruddy psu can even produce.

Stop, get a decent psu it doesnt even have to cost much ans then use the gpu.

You have 3 options here:

Dont add the gpu and use pc as is

Add gpu and dont have a working pc anymore

Buy a better psu

Trust me you do NOT want an electrical fire. Especially with big capacitors involved.

I'll just slap a 1050Ti 4gb in it and sell it.

22 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

I'll just slap a 1050 4gb in it and sell it.

rx 470/480 or 570/580 4gb would also work and those are like ~30$ whilst being the performance of a 1060 so unless your area hates amd cards thatd be a better buy, can be undervolted to ~100w .86v

psu wise just look for whatever half decent unit you can find ~10$ criteria being 12v no more than 100w below psu advertised rating (ex psu advertised as 700w but 12v = 50a/600w, closer to psu rating the better the psu) and single 12v rail only as multirails are all trash when we are looking at this sort of pricepoint regardless of combined rail wattage, branding doesnt matter as this criteria will filter most of the garbage but i do also reccomend checking online reviews if available or just looking the thing up just to make sure there are no known issues

id pick the sata over the molex as i havent had any melting issues with sata adapters, wont be drawing much from it anyways with an undervolt and dont expect it to spontaneously combust over 54w, maybe at 100w+ but i reckon even 75w would be ok, main issue is just the psu being incapable so you might run into shutdowns anyway but if you dont then psu upgrade isnt strictly neccesary but if its 10$ might aswell instead of having to deal with returns or complaints

52 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

rx 470/480 or 570/580 4gb would also work and those are like ~30$ whilst being the performance of a 1060 so unless your area hates amd cards thatd be a better buy, can be undervolted to ~100w .86v

psu wise just look for whatever half decent unit you can find ~10$ criteria being 12v no more than 100w below psu advertised rating (ex psu advertised as 700w but 12v = 50a/600w, closer to psu rating the better the psu) and single 12v rail only as multirails are all trash when we are looking at this sort of pricepoint regardless of combined rail wattage, branding doesnt matter as this criteria will filter most of the garbage but i do also reccomend checking online reviews if available or just looking the thing up just to make sure there are no known issues

id pick the sata over the molex as i havent had any melting issues with sata adapters, wont be drawing much from it anyways with an undervolt and dont expect it to spontaneously combust over 54w, maybe at 100w+ but i reckon even 75w would be ok, main issue is just the psu being incapable so you might run into shutdowns anyway but if you dont then psu upgrade isnt strictly neccesary but if its 10$ might aswell instead of having to deal with returns or complaints

45€ for rx570 powercolor oc here + shipping. 1050ti, 25€ + shipping.

Planning to sell this machine, will just slap a 1050ti gpu in it. I already have 7 pc's in my house. 😂

17 minutes ago, Marie Rose said:

Planning to sell this machine, will just slap some gpu in it. I already have 7 pc's in my house. 😂

So it's a timebomb in a potential customers house.  Should work for some time.

I edit my posts more often than not

I will put 1050ti and underwolt it. Should be good.

6 hours ago, Marie Rose said:

45€ for rx570 powercolor oc here + shipping. 1050ti, 25€ + shipping.

god damn 25€ for a 1050ti

you sure its working though?

2 hours ago, Marie Rose said:

I will put 1050ti and underwolt it. Should be good.

yep

just put a rather aggresive one that focuses on reducing power draw cause you should probably do an oc to the cpu and rams due to how slow they are

i do happen to have that particular asrock board and unfortunatetly seems to be trash at overclocking so probably just run the fsb as high as itll go stabily and be done with it, ram oc wise had issues trying to do 2400 which should be easy on fm2 apus though ill do some tests to see how far itll actually go so you dont have to manually thinker around and do a bunch of testing yourself

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

god damn 25€ for a 1050ti

you sure its working though?

yep

just put a rather aggresive one that focuses on reducing power draw cause you should probably do an oc to the cpu and rams due to how slow they are

i do happen to have that particular asrock board and unfortunatetly seems to be trash at overclocking so probably just run the fsb as high as itll go stabily and be done with it, ram oc wise had issues trying to do 2400 which should be easy on fm2 apus though ill do some tests to see how far itll actually go so you dont have to manually thinker around and do a bunch of testing yourself

Yeah 25e plus shipping here. Cerberus model.
Sweet let me know about the tests!

Man the Nano was a cool flop. Was barely useful for itx builds when it was relevant lol. Still wanted one though.