Can I turn my standard DeepCool AK620 into the Digital Version?

Krai1234

I asked this question on the DeepCool subreddit, but had my post removed, so I'm asking on here.

I currently own the standard AK620 and I really like the new digital version that Deepcool has for the cooler.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the standard version and the digital version of the cooler is the screen cover on the top. I checked my cpu cooler and the top can be removed after unscrewing the metal top cover, and I've looked at the pdf instructions for the digital version and the tops look the same or mine too.

I'm wondering if there's a way for me to upgrade my standard AK620 and turn it into the digital version. Can I contact Deepcool and ask for the screen or a kit of some kind? Is that something that I can do, or do I have to buy an entirely new cooler for that? 

The only coolers that offer an LCD/Digital upgrade from standard are Corsair. Deepcool doesn't offer it as an option, and likely will not just sell you the digital cover. You'll need to just buy a separate cooler. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Probably need to buy the whole new cooler.

Or you could just get some internal USB/HDMI screen for like $30-50, AIDA64, VHB it to the cooler and show whatever stats you want from it.

1 hour ago, Thaldor said:

Probably need to buy the whole new cooler.

Or you could just get some internal USB/HDMI screen for like $30-50, AIDA64, VHB it to the cooler and show whatever stats you want from it.

2 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The only coolers that offer an LCD/Digital upgrade from standard are Corsair. Deepcool doesn't offer it as an option, and likely will not just sell you the digital cover. You'll need to just buy a separate cooler. 

I see. That's unfortunate but I guess it makes sense. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Your post was likely deleted because they don't want people doing modding that would compete with existing products. 

This, DC is unlikely to help but it won't hurt to ask. 

As @Thaldorpointed out, you can buy what you need and credit mod the cooler. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂