Piracy.

Recon-UK

you seem to have this problem as well since "piracy" is not illegal every where in the world.

The places where it's legal aren't even relevant in any way, they won't even be able to do it.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

So you robbed the creator of money=theft.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

The big issue you have with the idea is social acceptance.

Yes, I don't want the social acceptance of child abuse to be on the same level as software piracy, I want there to be a monumental gulf between the two as there currently is.

Theft of a physical object deprives the rightful owner of the object, copying a game from the internet that you weren't going to buy with real money anyway deprives the developer of nothing.

If you stopped piracy from being possible, would the sales of those things increase by the exact numbers prevented by taking away the piracy option?

You'd be insane to think it'd be even close.

Again moral standards.

How is it that theft is illegal in physical form, and when it involves digital money?

But software? hell no.

Why is it that when you are robbed you get so butthurt?

It's not the same thing. If you're robbed something has been taken away from you. When someone downloads and illegitimate copy of your work nothing is taken away from you.

Yes, I don't want the social acceptance of child abuse to be on the same level as software piracy, I want there to be a monumental gulf between the two as there currently is.

Theft of a physical object deprives the rightful owner of the object, copying a game from the internet that you weren't going to buy with real money anyway deprives the developer of nothing.

If you stopped piracy from being possible, would the sales of those things increase by the exact numbers prevented by taking away the piracy option?

E X A C T L Y

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Yes I answered my own question, it was offered in rhetoric to illustrate my previous point in the context of the conversation in this thread.

It seems to have passed you by, don't worry about it.

It's kinda hard to read someone's post in that way, even if you think it's blatantly obvious. 

There is a reason every published game has a Copyright/Trademark and Terms and Conditions upon purchase. It's digital media, which of course means it can be easily stolen without payment.

If you worked your ass off on a game, such as Watch Dogs, would you want someone getting your game for free, leaving you with no food on your table?

It's not the same thing. If you're robbed something has been taken away from you. When someone downloads and illegitimate copy of your work nothing is taken away from you.

Revenue is potentially taken, but it's not guarunteed that a sale would have come of it if the piracy option were removed.

So you robbed the creator of money=theft.

I'm not going to condone piracy but think about this, if you pirate something you are never going to buy you are still not taking money from the creator because you were never going to buy it in the first place.

It's kinda hard to read someone's post in that way, even if you think it's blatantly obvious.

I apologize if it was confusing.

Let me focus this in a different way so that you finally get my point, homosexuals were once in the same category as Peado's, yet today they are accepted, rape is also treated more seriously when it involves a female.

If a kid is killed and a grown man is killed, the kid get's more sympathy.

This is all moral standards and social acceptance.

Theft is theft, rape is rape, murder is murder.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Money is taken away from you, a person interested in something with no means other than to buy it will buy it.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Let me focus this in a different way so that you finally get my point, homosexuals were once in the same category as Peado's, yet today they are accepted, rape is also treated more seriously when it involves a female.

OH SHIT YOU WENT THERE

Revenue is potentially taken, but it's not guarunteed that a sale would have come of it if the piracy option were removed.

Ok, fair point. But I've never pirated anything that I haven't either owned before or that I would have never paid for ever. I imagine most people who pirate are similar.

OH SHIT YOU WENT THERE

I LOL'ed at this, he went there 

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

Ok, fair point. But I've never pirated anything that I haven't either owned before or that I would have never paid for ever. I imagine most people who pirate are similar.

A lot of pirates pirate because they can. Because it's free.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

There is an old saying, never go into war without an army, being correct is not applicable.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

If a kid is killed and a grown man is killed, the kid get's more sympathy.

There is good reason for that, the child has his life ahead of him still to live, and more has been taken from him with his life than that of a grown man.

Both are tragedies, but the child suffered an increased defecit by losing his life, and society can see that and react accordingly.

There are reasons why things are socially acceptable at different levels, descrimination against adult consenting homosexuals is an equality issue, punishment of paedophiles for abuse of minors unable to give consent for certain activities is a moral issue, and hence a legal one.

Guys, piracy is theft, no matter how you want to put it. You're taking something without paying for it, hence you're stealing. Try and sugarcoat it all you want, but is stealing.

Nobody is trying to say it isn't theft, especially me, we are arguing about it's classification in both social terms and legal vs other crimes of a similar or amazingly enough incredibly dissimilar nature.

There is good reason for that, the child has his life ahead of him still to live, and more has been taken from him with his life than that of a grown man.

Both are tragedies, but the child suffered an increased defecit by losing his life, and society can see that and react accordingly.

There are reasons why things are socially acceptable, descrimination against adult consenting homosexuals is an equality issue, punishment of paedophiles for abuse of minors unable to give consent for certain activities is a moral issue, and hence a legal one.

Which is more serious?

Raping a child or your mother?

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Money is taken away from you, a person interested in something with no means other than to buy it will buy it.

First of all, you can't take away something that you never had in the first place. Secondly, there have been many things that I've taken interest in, but I have been unwilling to buy it and unable to pirate it. You know what I did instead? I went and did something else.

Which is more serious?

Raping a child or your mother?

Raping a child, my mother can take it better.

Yes indeed I said it.

Which is worse? creating something with hard money, then people rob you of your cash and download it free, or me stealing a bike off a kid.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Raping a child, my mother can take it.

Yes indeed I said it.

You are one fucked up individual.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

This thread is going to catch the attention of Linus/Slick

OH S*** DAD I FINALLY MADE IT!!!

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

Raping a child, my mother can take it better.

Yes indeed I said it.

That is actually f*cked up bro.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal