Help Setup Edge Router X and AirCube ISP

ID0

Hello there, I want to setup my network, when I did it my way devices were losing wifi connection.

I was using the AirCube ISP with PoE and it was running in Bridge Mode, I assumed when it's in bridge mode it will use the EdgeRouter X settings, portforwarding, filters etc. but some people say I shouldn't be using Bridge Mode.

I'm also using Home Assistant and about 10 devices connected.

How do I set it up? Bridge Mode or Router Mode? Static IP or DHCP? I'm not a network person.

6 minutes ago, ID0 said:

Hello there, I want to setup my network, when I did it my way devices were losing wifi connection.

I was using the AirCube ISP with PoE and it was running in Bridge Mode, I assumed when it's in bridge mode it will use the EdgeRouter X settings, portforwarding, filters etc. but some people say I shouldn't be using Bridge Mode.

I'm also using Home Assistant and about 10 devices connected.

How do I set it up? Bridge Mode or Router Mode? Static IP or DHCP? I'm not a network person.

Like this: ACB on bridge. DHCP on ER-X. You should be able to power it over POE after installation. You might have to switch ports around in order to do so. First power it with power adaptor, then enable POE on ER-X

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I have done it this way and devices would lose connection. Is there maybe a interference between the IPs?

2 hours ago, ID0 said:

I have done it this way and devices would lose connection. Is there maybe a interference between the IPs?

You loose WIfi connection? If this is the case, go into settings on the access point and change channels. The IP interference you suggest doesn't make any sense

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

@ID0

Wanted to clarify: Are you powering the AirCube-ISP via PoE from the ER-X's passthrough PoE output? If so, are you powering the ER-X with the 12V/0.5A power adapter that came in box?

5 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

@ID0

Wanted to clarify: Are you powering the AirCube-ISP via PoE from the ER-X's passthrough PoE output? If so, are you powering the ER-X with the 12V/0.5A power adapter that came in box?

Yes, I really try to believe that I'm 100% the issue here, that I'm just stupid and don't know how to config networks. I might know how to setup load balancers on websites, Pi clusters, but that doesn't matter. I assume that all I know is useless when it comes to Routers and Ubiquiti.

I did reset yesterday the AirCube ISP... unplugged it and plugged it back again (needed the USB micro port for something else) I plug it back and I can't access it on https://192.168.1.1 I truly want to make it work, but for now, I would say that Ubiquiti is the worst Networking company in existence. My frustration is too the moooon... Got my Steam Deck OLED, wanted to play, can't because Ubiquiti can't provide a normal user experience...

Threw the AirCube ISP in the trash bin, plugged my Netgear WAX202, set it in AP mode, works, no issues.
Got the AirCube ISP only to use PoE.

1 minute ago, ID0 said:

Threw the AirCube ISP in the trash bin, plugged my Netgear WAX202, set it in AP mode, works, no issues.
Got the AirCube ISP only to use PoE.

Admittedly, Ubiquiti's line of AirMax/UISP products are intended for operators who already have experience with their products. Documentation is not the best and a lot is left to be figured out.

So, what I gathered from this is that the AirCube-ISP wasn't getting enough power over PoE. I have both the ER-X and ER-X-SFP, and know from previous experience that you need to use a separate 24V/12W power adapter to push power out of that passthrough port. The 12V/0.5A adapter that comes with the ER-X is only sufficient to power the ER-X alone. You have to buy the higher voltage adapter separately.

21 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Admittedly, Ubiquiti's line of AirMax/UISP products are intended for operators who already have experience with their products. Documentation is not the best and a lot is left to be figured out.

So, what I gathered from this is that the AirCube-ISP wasn't getting enough power over PoE. I have both the ER-X and ER-X-SFP, and know from previous experience that you need to use a separate 24V/12W power adapter to push power out of that passthrough port. The 12V/0.5A adapter that comes with the ER-X is only sufficient to power the ER-X alone. You have to buy the higher voltage adapter separately.

Thanks for the info, someone might need it, I'm using my Netgear WAX202 it's dual band and the fact that I have now also a Steam Deck OLED, 5Ghz is nice 🙂