Did I void my GPU Warranty?

I've been having a problem with my Sapphire 7900xtx Nitro. It just stopped displaying any signal about 5 minutes after being booted up. I was just chilling in discord and my screen when black . Card worked perfectly fine for 7 months without a single issue.

I've tried all sorts of stuff and I cannot seem to make it display a thing. I even went out and bought a new Mobo / PSU / Ram / CPU. Reformatted , Clean install of windows. No overclocks. Never have. Cleared CMOS . My old 1070TI Works no problem. Using that one right now. 

My specs are currently .

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Corsair 32gig DDR 6000hz CL 30
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk
Corsair RM1000x Shift Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD's NVMe  2TB

I am wanting to RMA my card but the RMA process says my warranty wont be deemed good if Returned GPU is found to have cosmetic damages with obvious scratches . I have a few scratches due to having a case that barley fit the card for a few months before I was able to upgrade to a bigger one. The scratches should have nothing to do with the performance of the card. Will these scratches screw my RMA over for a 1500$ card? I'm located in Canada if that matters at all.GPU1.thumb.jpg.ebfb508e0793ae898e4543b73b75fb98.jpg

GPU2.jpg

11 minutes ago, eviohh said:

I've been having a problem with my Sapphire 7900xtx Nitro. It just stopped displaying any signal about 5 minutes after being booted up. I was just chilling in discord and my screen when black . Card worked perfectly fine for 7 months without a single issue.

I've tried all sorts of stuff and I cannot seem to make it display a thing. I even went out and bought a new Mobo / PSU / Ram / CPU. Reformatted , Clean install of windows. No overclocks. Never have. Cleared CMOS . My old 1070TI Works no problem. Using that one right now. 

My specs are currently .

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk

I am wanting to RMA my card but the RMA process says my warranty wont be deemed good if Returned GPU is found to have cosmetic damages with obvious scratches . I have a few scratches do to having a case that barley fit the card for a few months before I was able to upgrade to a bigger one. The scratches should have nothing to do with the performance of the card. Will these scratches screw my RMA over for a 1500$ card? I'm located in Canada if that matters at all.

Maybe. Depends. You can ask them before sending. Also make sure your issue isn't driver related. Check in bios if you got fast boot turned on or off. After, check in windows if its set the same. If it's not the same it will crash your driver. Also make sure CSM is disabled. If you still got issues, download DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Download-Display-Driver-Uninstaller-DDU-18076

Run DDU in safe mode, will prompt at launch of DDU. After rebooting into safe mode, go to options in DDU and set "prevent windows update from installing drivers". Choose clean and don't restart for AMD drivers. Then after DDU is finished run again with Nvidia. Run clean and shutdown for installing new GPU. Turn off PSU and install 7900 XTX again.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

That should be fine. So long as warranty hasn't expired.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

39 minutes ago, eviohh said:

My specs are currently .

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk

I am wanting to RMA my card but the RMA process says my warranty wont be deemed good if Returned GPU is found to have cosmetic damages with obvious scratches . I have a few scratches due to having a case that barley fit the card for a few months before I was able to upgrade to a bigger one. The scratches should have nothing to do with the performance of the card. Will these scratches screw my RMA over for a 1500$ card? I'm located in Canada if that matters at all.

It's up to the person at the RMA center. If he is having a bad day, yes that is enough. Nobody on the LTT forum can tell you.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

It's up to the person at the RMA center. If he is having a bad day, yes that is enough. Nobody on the LTT forum can tell you.

This, thats why its a good idea to let them know before sending it in

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Thanks for the reply's . I am just going to send it in cross my fingers and hope for the best. 

I think they would be more unhappy if there were scratches on the circuit board and the pci-e connectors, on important parts.

Small scratches on the surface of the fan heatsink, that shouldn't bother them (atleast I hope so).