I want to clone the nvme ssd in my Lenovo Legion Go

Bazley

Hey all, I've purchased a larger nvme ssd for my Lenovo Legion Go and I would like to clone the drive already in it and hopefully for free. I don't see the sense in purchasing a product I'm only going to use once so I'm reaching out here as Linus always talks about how great the people in the forums are on wan show all the time so I'm really hoping someone can help please. 

12 minutes ago, Bazley said:

Hey all, I've purchased a larger nvme ssd for my Lenovo Legion Go and I would like to clone the drive already in it and hopefully for free. I don't see the sense in purchasing a product I'm only going to use once so I'm reaching out here as Linus always talks about how great the people in the forums are on wan show all the time so I'm really hoping someone can help please. 

There's a lot of free cloning software.

Macrium Reflect for example

No idea how to do it within Legion Go environment, or whether its possible without a 2nd NVMe slot / NVMe enclosure / NVMe dock

Theoritically you can make an image of the old NVMe, boot into -for example- Macrium Rescue bootable thumbdrive (never used it b4), and burn that image into new NVMe. But yea, no idea if that is possible without a PC.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can watch this video

It's a great guide for migrating an OS from one drive to another.

He explains some of the common apps such as Samsung Migration Tool (nowadays found in Samsung Magician), DiskGenius and CloneZilla Live.

I'd recommend Acronis but can't remember if its locked to Kingston drives.  It's an awesome piece of software, i've cloned a 240gb drive to a 960gb drive without any issue using Acronis.