Synology NAS storage issue

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
8 minutes ago, thstudios said:

How do you do this? Sorry i am completely new to this & dont know anything. And this will allow me to still access it across multiple devices, systems ect..

Make a shared folder on the synology. Here is their guide. https://kb.synology.com/en-global/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_create?version=7

Then go under this pc, then map a network drive and it will show up as a drive letter on windows.

So i picked up a Synology DS124 for the purpose of it acting as a go between my 2 systems. One is used for recording ect.. other for editing ect… 

I followed the full setup utilizing their Drive Client & it does work. However the app itself needed to be installed on a Drive on the PC’s (pretty common) & i simply move the files i need & can now record right to the NAS storage itself. 

However while the files are indeed going to the NAS. Its also USING up the storage of the drive on the PC’s as well… This is counter to what i need. Its no more useful then using a external HD if this is what it will do. 

I need this to take the files store them exclusively only on the NAS nowhere else & still be accessible from any device it attach to it

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can mount the NAS drive in your OS, then it should show up likeanouther drive, and won't use any external disk space.

How do you do this? Sorry i am completely new to this & dont know anything. And this will allow me to still access it across multiple devices, systems ect..

8 minutes ago, thstudios said:

Make a shared folder on the synology. Here is their guide. https://kb.synology.com/en-global/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_create?version=7

Then go under this pc, then map a network drive and it will show up as a drive letter on windows.

Thank You so much. Managed to get it. Feel kinda dumb once i saw how easy it was. Both systems are working & using just the NAS storage. 

appreciate the help pal 🤝