USB pen drive dead

frozensun

Hi guys.

My Patriot Supersonic Rage Pen drive who lasted many years suddenly died, but sadly I had many important private files on it and did not made backup.

Any way to somehow save the data via some software?

Drive is recognized in device manager but not is disk managment and not in my computer

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

win+r, type "diskpart" and hit enter. Allow administrator access.

Capture.PNG.9978eb70ce1417ae6adb77757dce5b56.PNG

Your flash drive probably shows up under Disks as 0 bytes, but not Volumes, correct?

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do - it seems as though the controller is alive, but the flash chip is dead. If you're lucky, the hardware failure could be as "simple" as a broken trace or bad solder which you could fix if you know how to do SMD rework. But likely, the flash chip is completely cooked and it needs professional data recovery.

Sorry, but that's just what USB flash drives do. They die with no warning, taking all your data with them.

You could try a bootable Linux environment with ddrescue, but there's no guarantee any data is recoverable.

https://grymoire.wordpress.com/2020/12/01/recovering-data-from-a-corrupted-usb-thumbdrive-using-ddrescue/

In case it's a bad solder joint on the connector, you could try pressing up or down on the drive a little while it's connected. I've only seen that lead to data recovery once in 20 years, though, so your mileage will vary.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

your options are..

1st option send it to data recovery if money is not issue for you.

2th option if u got balls and u willing to risk..

u can learn abything yourself in youtube and with small investment u can recover data on ur own.

just do it on your own risk and i am responsible if u lose any data

10 hours ago, da na said:

win+r, type "diskpart" and hit enter. Allow administrator access.

Capture.PNG.9978eb70ce1417ae6adb77757dce5b56.PNG

Your flash drive probably shows up under Disks as 0 bytes, but not Volumes, correct?

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do - it seems as though the controller is alive, but the flash chip is dead. If you're lucky, the hardware failure could be as "simple" as a broken trace or bad solder which you could fix if you know how to do SMD rework. But likely, the flash chip is completely cooked and it needs professional data recovery.

Sadly not seen by diskpart...and it even freezes my laptop.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.