Preparing Water cooled PC for long term storage

I am a uni student and it is not possible for me to take my pc back home. For reference, I have a custom water cooled loop in my pc. I plan on getting a self storage unit near the campus to store some of the stuff that I do not intend to take home with me for over the summer, so about 4 months until I am back. If I were to leave the liquid in the loop and leave the GPU and RAM slotted in and fill the empty spaces in the PC with foam should it be fine? Or would it be better to take everthing apart and store separately? Also, I read somewhere that there is a possibility of algae growing in the loop, will that be an issue if i intend to store it for only 4 months? Thanks a lot for the help from beforehand. 馃檪

If it isn鈥檛 going to circulate water for 4 months, drain and completely dry the entire loop. Like run a high concentration of alcohol through it, take all the hoses/pipes off, and let it fully dry.

Posted (edited)

Okay sounds like a plan. But I have never heard about cleaning with alcohol, tried looking it up but didn't see anything informative. Is it safe to do? What kind of alcohol? and how thoroughly? and also how will I clean up the residue alcohol that will be left in the loop after running it? I understand that you are trying to help, so thanks a lot, I really do appreciate it.

edit: The more I look into it, the more people are saying not to use alcohol since it doesn't mix well with acrylics, plexi and all.

Right now I am thinking about using EK's Superflush, after coming back from summer break, and hoping that nothing bad happens to the parts over break.

Edited by 8HAVYA