what resolution is between 1920*1080 and 2560*1440 and also 4k and 1440p

220VoltsallCore
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 minute ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

yes

Id say first try 3d render resolution and disable AA before changing actual resolution. As going under native res of the display will result in an unsharp image compared to a display with that native res.

Keeping the native res and just lowering the 3d render resolution keeps the image sharp as can be and will lower the load on the gpu by virtually decreasing the rendering resolution in game.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:28 AM, 220VoltsallCore said:

does 1080p look that bad on a 1440p, than on a 4k panel.

Depends on the specific panel and what's specifically being portrayed.

I'll try to explain this below...

On my specific 1440p monitor the majority of games look excellent but a few games you can notice a blur distortion when putting this 1440p monitor in 1080p fullscreen. A quick fix for this blur distortion in these few games when attempting 1080p resolution is to play in windowed mode with the black bars on top and bottom of the display.

Ever since I upgraded from a 1060 to a 1070 though I don't ever need to run games in 1080p resolution.

So for you, at 4K games are going to eat your fps simply because there's way more pixels to render than 1440p so instead of upgrading your CPU and GPU or downscaling to 1440p(where the blur distortion will show up in some games) I'd recommend buying a cheap 1440p 160-180 Hz monitor and use your 4K monitor as your second display. Here in the US you can find a great price of literally $150-$170 for a 1440p 160-180 Hz IPS monitor.

In the mean time, try more games at 1440p on your current 4K monitor. Some games you will find to look excellent and not have the blur distortion, but keep in mind that all monitors are different when it comes to downscaling.

Another thing is that certain games that you may have played on certain TVs with certain systems(whether it was a PC or a console) look even better on certain 4K displays because all displays also upscale differently, especially with certain consoles/systems. For example, I remember being completely blown away at how much better Battlefield 1 looked on my 4K monitor using a regular Xbox One S than it did on my 4K TV and one reason is because of how well the Xbox One S upscaled the specific game known as Battlefield 1.

Try this link and this link to see one aspect I just mentioned above when it comes to 4K upscaling. There's an enhancement and then there's a form of upscaling, which are two different things. And there's also HDR support.

It's these types of technologies that make what you see on different displays at different resolutions... different. So what I see on my displays might be completely different than what you see on yours.