Need help with PS5 Lan Connection

Shieldsy88

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any idea's to why my lan connection keeps disconnecting then reconnecting straight away. It will kick me out of online games but will keep me in psn party chat. I have a cat 8 ethernet cable 5m long that just goes though a brick wall to the router i have tried rebooting/ forget network will fix for a few days/ hours dont know what it is am lost for a fix. lol 

Thanks

I was having this exact issue myself not long after getting my PS5. A google search led me to a Reddit thread where people said the PS5 Ethernet port is slightly too big. Several people suggested folding a small piece of paper and jamming it between the plug and port. Others recommended switching to a Cat 8 cable.

I tried switching to a Cat 8 cable from Cat 6a and that solved my problem. However, it appears you already have a Cat 8 cable. I'm also not 100% convinced that getting a Cat 8 cable solved the problem and a short while later, other parts of my network started developing minor issues. Brief drop outs, reduced connection speeds and whatnot. Turns out, I had two bad cables. Since all my cables were the same make/model just in different lengths, I replaced ALL my cables. All network problems disappeared after that. So that leaves me wondering if I just had a bad cable on my PS5.

My recommendation is to just try different cables. The specific cable I use is a Tesmax 3ft Cat 8 Ethernet cable going into a switch.