Help deciding on a 1080p monitor

Hello there! 

I am planning on building a computer with a gtx 780, and I want to play my games on ultra at 1080p.

I don't want to go with the 140 refresh rate since I want a dual monitor set up. 

I was looking at this 2 monitors 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236307

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014345

I was just wondering if anyone had a better monitor or can give any suggestions when it comes to 1080p, dual monitor set-up. 

Thanks in advance! 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

What's your budget?

For a 780 I would ideally go with a 1440p IPS panel instead of 1080p. 

Error: 410

Hello there! 

I am planning on building a computer with a gtx 780, and I want to play my games on ultra at 1080p.

I don't want to go with the 140 refresh rate since I want a dual monitor set up. 

I was looking at this 2 monitors 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236307

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014345

I was just wondering if anyone had a better monitor or can give any suggestions when it comes to 1080p, dual monitor set-up. 

Thanks in advance! 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160168

That monitor is fairly good and on like a 40% off sale rn.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

What's your budget?

For a 780 I would ideally go with a 1440p IPS panel instead of 1080p. 

Less than 200-ish for 1 monitor. 

I don't want to game at 1440p, I really don't care for it. 

I just want 2 good 1080p monitors in which I can game at 1080p (Even though I game on one, but you get the point, haha). 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

I'm going to overlook this but your name is disgusting @.... :angry:

PB278Q if you can get a 1440p monitor. If not I would get the asus monitor.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

hahaha xD   :P 

Sorry about that! 

Yeah, ok. 

So one vote for the Asus one as of right now. 

Current Build:

anus juice

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

anus juice

wow...that's just totally acceptable..huh.

76ca8d143d4af6612b22ffd59a035966.gif

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

wow...that's just totally acceptable..huh.

76ca8d143d4af6612b22ffd59a035966.gif

:D nice gif

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'd go with an ASUS Moniter.  3 Yr Rapid Replacement is a great warranty.

This is what I use for my Xbox 360, PS4 and PC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174   

I Run a Kinivo HDMI Switch for more HDMI.

Personally I'd hold off on 1440P since it seems 4k will be the next resolution shift.  give it a year or so,  4K 24" in. moniters for $325-$425.

When I saw this topic I immediately thought of the Asus monitor you posted. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I think I prefer response time over IPS. 

At least that's what I heard is pretty good for gaming. 

Current Build:

I think I prefer response time over IPS. 

At least that's what I heard is pretty good for gaming. 

You will not notice the difference between 1 and 5ms. Most TV have 20 ms or higher. 

I'd go with an ASUS Moniter.  3 Yr Rapid Replacement is a great warranty.

This is what I use for my Xbox 360, PS4 and PC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174   

I Run a Kinivo HDMI Switch for more HDMI.

Personally I'd hold off on 1440P since it seems 4k will be the next resolution shift.  give it a year or so,  4K 24" in. moniters for $325-$425.

Funny, as opposed to a potential resolution shift, I'd argue in favor of 4K simply because 1080p upscales better on 4K than it does on 1440p.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Funny, as opposed to a potential resolution shift, I'd argue in favor of 4K simply because 1080p upscales better on 4K than it does on 1440p.

I'm not against it. someone mentioned to OP to go 1440P when more then likely 4K will be the next change in screens.   OP also wanted a 1080P monitor anyway.

I'm not against it. someone mentioned to OP to go 1440P when more then likely 4K will be the next change in screens.   OP also wanted a 1080P monitor anyway

Am not exactly disagreeing, other than the fact that we'll probably still be in our current state with regards to resolution for quite a long while (IE, a lot of variance). I was also stating that 1080p upscales to 4K much better than it would to 1440p. In case he wanted to go all the way there already.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.