Computer Not Getting Past “Press F1” Screen

Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,
6 minutes ago, Scullface321 said:

I’m wondering what I should do now. I really appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

Stupid question, but is your wireless keyboard charged/turned on? Tried with a wired keyboard?

Hello everybody I just finished building my first pc with the help of Linus’ wonderful guide and everything went smoothly except for this one thing. When I power on my PC it boots into this screen as shown here and no matter what key I press the screen is stuck. I can’t go anywhere. I did update the BIOS several times and I think that may have messed something up because my CPU (Ryzen 9 5600X) and my motherboard (ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming) should both already be compatible out of the box. There are no issues with my motherboard itself as I have all green lights and everything so I’m wondering what I should do now. I really appreciate any help that you guys can give me. 🤞

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, Scullface321 said:

I’m wondering what I should do now. I really appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

Stupid question, but is your wireless keyboard charged/turned on? Tried with a wired keyboard?

do you have one ssd or more?

Just now, C2dan88 said:

No I have not tried with wired keyboard I’m going to try that now 🙂 thank you!

Im pretty that's what happens if u don't got an os on the ssd. the bios can't continue, since there is nothing to continue to.

1 minute ago, C2dan88 said:

OH MY GOD THAT WORKED LOL THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 

could also be the fact you forgot to insert or there is a connection error from the ssd to the Mobo.

Just now, Scullface321 said:

OH MY GOD THAT WORKED LOL THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 

nvm. make sure u give him the solution by checking the mark under his post.

Just now, ulookuglynoob said:

nvm. make sure u give him the solution by checking the mark under his post.

Okay I just did! Thank you guys you are awesome it’s so kool to have a community like this about computers 

2 minutes ago, Scullface321 said:

Okay I just did! Thank you guys you are awesome it’s so kool to have a community like this about computers 

Its possible that the wireless one defaults the Function keys to their multimedia functions and not the F keys. Getting around that would involve holding the Fn key before hitting F1. Something I would test in Windows to see how they function for that specific keyboard.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017