RAM recommendations for Ryzen 7 5700x + MSI B500-A PRO?

Hey there everyone!

Thanks to some folks here in the forum (huge thanks to @YoungBlade) I've been guided in my upgrade to AMD (first time ever touching an AMD PC). Even if I already have 2x16GB 2666MHz RAM in my current PC and could very well transfer it to the new platform, I wanna see what upgrade I can make which would be cheap and far better than what I have. Maybe 3600MHz? I don't know anything about timing or anything so all help is welcome.

Would prefer keeping the same amount of memory, and the cooler I'm getting allows up to 62mm memory modules.

I'm welcome for new and used options, either Amazon or eBay, or just basic recommendations based on your local used market, might have similar deals. If there isn't something I can score for less than $45, then I'll just wait for that specific upgrade since I'm already doing a ~$300 upgrade and my wallet hurts.

Any comments welcome! 

Send thaiphoon burner screenshot of ram

Should be able to run at either 3200 if its a trash ic or 3800 for any half decent or good ics

Btw is this a completely new build?

and what parts have you bought? Cause 5700x and an overpriced new b550 sounds like you can get a 12600kf instead which will demolish the 5700x in both singlecore and multicore

Go to pcpartpicker and find a CL16 3200Mhz - 3600MHz set. 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Send thaiphoon burner screenshot of ram

Should be able to run at either 3200 if its a trash ic or 3800 for any half decent or good ics

Btw is this a completely new build?

and what parts have you bought? Cause 5700x and an overpriced new b550 sounds like you can get a 12600kf instead which will demolish the 5700x in both singlecore and multicore

I haven't really gotten the parts yet. I've already bought the 5700x for ~$150 and is in shipping, and I have the $109 mobo and $40 Thermalright FC140 Black in the Amazon shopping cart, waiting for whether I can get a deal on RAM or not. That's why the $300 upgrade, forgot to mention the cooler lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention it could be considered somewhat new, since I am switching platforms I'm changing CPU, Mobo, & cooler. The GPU, case, storage, PSU, peripherals, and monitors I'll keep and upgrade in the future (except for the case, I am in love with it).

I can do the thaiphoon burner test with my current setup, though it only supports up to 2666MHz.
Ram stick 1, Ram stick 2.

Edited by JuanMC45
Added forgotten answer

4 minutes ago, JuanMC45 said:

I haven't really gotten the parts yet. I've already bought the 5700x for ~$150 and is in shipping, and I have the $109 mobo and $40 Thermalright FC140 Black in the Amazon shopping cart

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4y2gPF

Heres a combo thatll perform better at the same price

But i guess you can just run 4.7-4.8 allcore on the 5700x if you want to get similar performance, just that the 12600kf can clock higher when oced (>5ghz) and better ipc than zen3

What is your currrent mobo cpu combo btw? Cause you might be able to sell them for whatever theyre worth + rams which are probs worth around 30-40$ and get yourself a microcenter 7700x combo for 400$ which will obliterate both the 5700x and 12600k whilst giving you a platform that isnt dead so you can just drop in a new cpu later down the road without a need for a mobo nor ram replacement

If you are already paying this much might aswell get something thatll last and be cheaply upgradable, or just buy a used 5600x (~80$) and a used midranger b3/450 like the tomahawk or equivalent (~50$) for under 150$

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Heres a combo thatll perform better at the same price

But i guess you can just run 4.7-4.8 allcore on the 5700x if you want to get similar performance, just that the 12600kf can clock higher when oced (>5ghz) and better ipc than zen3

I like the looks of it honestly, it might be worth checking out.

26 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What is your currrent mobo cpu combo btw? Cause you might be able to sell them for whatever theyre worth + rams which are probs worth around 30-40$ and get yourself a microcenter 7700x combo for 400$ which will obliterate both the 5700x and 12600k whilst giving you a platform that isnt dead so you can just drop in a new cpu later down the road without a need for a mobo nor ram replacement

I have very bad mobo cpu combo, Asus H310M-E R2.0, Core i5-9400F. I do like this combo though, was wondering if you were able to replicate it in Amazon since I'm not from the US and have to buy internationally. 

Just now, JuanMC45 said:

have very bad mobo cpu combo, Asus H310M-E R2.0, Core i5-9400F. I do like this combo though, was wondering if you were able to replicate it in Amazon since I'm not from the US and have to buy internationally. 

Ah

What country?

What pricepoint would you like to stay around?

What sites are you buying from?

And what components aside from the cpu mobo are you looking to replace?

1 hour ago, JuanMC45 said:

I can do the thaiphoon burner test with my current setup, though it only supports up to 2666MHz.
Ram stick 1, Ram stick 2.

Mix matched

Means that youll have to resell alongside cpu and mobo unless you can reuse them and they can do atleast 3000

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ah

What country?

What pricepoint would you like to stay around?

What sites are you buying from?

And what components aside from the cpu mobo are you looking to replace?

I am from Colombia, in South America. Pretty much the same as the combo. I could buy from Mercadolibre, Linio, Falabella, Facebook Marketplace (in Colombia), and so on. I can also do Amazon with free shipping over $35 but if the price goes over $200 I gotta pay huge amounts of import taxes. Also the local currency is COP, which $1 US converts to $3878.95 COP (easier to Google "usd to cop"). The price point I'd like to keep is ~$350

Honestly I wouldn't want to replace much, only the CPU, mobo (gotta replace cooler tho) and maybe PSU, since my current PSU only goes up to 8 pin 12v and is a 450w stock case PSU (not good). For instance that one LGA 1700 motherboard you listed in Amazon wouldn't work with my PSU and I'd have to replace it. 

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Mix matched

Means that youll have to resell alongside cpu and mobo unless you can reuse them and they can do atleast 3000

Yeah, I can keep it for a while as I get some money and then upgrade in the future. Local used market might take a while for an item to sell, so.

Edited by JuanMC45
Forgot desired price point

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Heres a combo thatll perform better at the same price just that the 12600kf can clock higher when oced (>5ghz) and better ipc than zen3

Yo, I'm looking at local Facebook Marketplace and I saw a supposedly brand new 12700KF for ~$190 US. I can ask the dude to stress test it just in case, even if it has 6 month warranty through their store. Would that be a better deal, and I can use the money for a PSU?