Cannot format storage device in disk partition (volume not showing up)

Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,
28 minutes ago, Guenther Basart said:

I was trying to switch my OS from Ubuntu to AtlasOS, until reaching the formatting section of the AtlasOS installation, where I couldn't format my drive for some reason.

Windows cannot read linux partitions. I would use linux live usb to format the drive first then try installing windows/atlas to new partition

I was trying to switch my OS from Ubuntu to AtlasOS, until reaching the formatting section of the AtlasOS installation, where I couldn't format my drive for some reason.

I was presented with two volumes, those being 0 and 1. Volume 0 was the internal drive of my computer and 1 was the USB flash drive. AtlasOS didn't allow me to install to any of the volumes because they were an unknown format, so I've decided to format using the button in the window, I clicked it then it did something for a second and that's it. I didn't get a popup or something saying that the drive has been formatted succesfully or anything like that, and I still wasn't able to install AtlasOS.

I still had Ubuntu on my drive so I tried booting to Ubuntu to format the drive there, but upon booting I was greeted by a command terminal saying stuff like "Press ESC in X seconds to skip startup.nsh"

So I guess I managed to corrupt my Ubuntu install.. great.

Not being able to use Ubuntu, I went to the repair options in the AtlasOS installer, opened the command promt and tried to format my drive using disk partition.

Upon inputting the "list volume" command in the command promt, It showed me all volumes except the internal drive. So I tried running the "chkdsk" command to try and fix the drive but that did nothing.

28 minutes ago, Guenther Basart said:

Windows cannot read linux partitions. I would use linux live usb to format the drive first then try installing windows/atlas to new partition

17 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

Will try this later, thank you!

Edit: Formatting the drive using the live USB worked!
I was then able to install my OS with no problems.

Thank you very much for helping out!