Wi-fi or Cable? What's your favorite way to connect to the internet?

The real world speed of my 600mbps router is less than my 30mbps internet connection unless I am within 10-20 feet of the router. As for the original post, even if speed wasn't a factor WIFI is still extremely flaky.

I think the small percentage of people utilizing their LAN is increasing exponentially. Big box stores now sell NAS's, which they wouldn't do if very few people were buying them.

I've personally never had an issue with wifi, but of course is anecdotal.

Go to your school, work, or community center and ask people if they use a Nas or host a server at their home. I doubt more than a few percent do.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Cable because a wifi card is worse and more expensive

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Cable. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I've personally never had an issue with wifi, but of course is anecdotal.

Go to your school, work, or community center and ask people if they use a Nas or host a server at their home. I doubt more than a few percent do.

Eh, my work place isn't a very good audience to compare with as it is tech oriented, the only reason most of them don't have a simple NAS box is because they have home servers.  :P

One good example is my 70 year old grandpa bought a NAS, without any influence from me... My mother-in-law just got one, but that was my influence, and there are several more. I can think of about 20 people I regularly speak with who own a NAS, and I'm sure many more I know do, but I've never walked up to them and directly asked...

I found an article talking about it here: http://www.storagenewsletter.com/rubriques/systems-raid-nas-san/in-stat-ww-consumer-nas/

Says at the end of 2015 it is projected 4.4% of households will have a NAS, and there will be 11 million of them shipped in 2015.

Eh, my work place isn't a very good audience to compare with as it is tech oriented, the only reason most of them don't have a simple NAS box is because they have home servers.  :P

One good example is my 70 year old grandpa bought a NAS, without any influence from me... My mother-in-law just got one, but that was my influence, and there are several more. I can think of about 20 people I regularly speak with who own a NAS, and I'm sure many more I know do, but I've never walked up to them and directly asked...

I found an article talking about it here: http://www.storagenewsletter.com/rubriques/systems-raid-nas-san/in-stat-ww-consumer-nas/

Says at the end of 2015 it is projected 4.4% of households will have a NAS, and there will be 11 million of them shipped in 2015.

Hahaha, yeah, probably not the best comparison ;)

Even though 4.4% is a large amount of people numerically, I would define still define it as a small percentage

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB