New Some help With Mt Build

I've been asking this same question on multiple platforms and haven't got a clear answer and this my last attempt. I built this pc to run games at 4k 60fps with high settings. Also built it for VR as well. My pc runs terrible with most games with lagging when loading new scenes and random fps drops. I was told it's my CPU, then was told it's my graphic card and I'm just confused. Hopefully someone can tell me what part needs to be upgraded. 

My Specs:

Processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11700F 2.50GHz

Ram: 64gb DDR4 Clocked At 3600ghz

Graphic: AMD Radeon 7800xt (Ver. 24.3.1)

Storage: 2.5tb SSD

What games are you trying to play? The 7800XT is a great card but you won't be able to run most modern games with all setting maxed out at 4K. To get near that you'll need a 7900XTX, 4080, or 4090. Otherwise 4k should be possible but you'll likely need to lower graphics settings. Have you tried playing at 2k, turning off ray tracing, or using AMDs FSR 3.0? I will say IF anything is the bottle neck it's certainly the intel CPU. 

If the games are really laggy I think the issue might be with something other than your hardware specs. Is your GPU fully slotted? Have you enabled XMP in your BIOS? All your power connectors fully plugged into your GPU and motherboard, both ATX and 24 pin? If your SSD is SATA instead of M.2 that would also have an affect on loading times.

More information would be helpful. Using something like Speccy, CPUZ, and GPUZ to get more detailed specs. Also what are your thermals like when you experience this lag? 

Welcome to the forums!

That CPU is kinda weak, but it's not TRASH. I run a 3080Ti/8700k machine which does 4k60 decently, though super modern games do require I drop some settings a bit. 
What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, Demon Lord Bezos said:

What games are you trying to play? The 7800XT is a great card but you won't be able to run most modern games with all setting maxed out at 4K. To get near that you'll need a 7900XTX, 4080, or 4090. Otherwise 4k should be possible but you'll likely need to lower graphics settings. Have you tried playing at 2k, turning off ray tracing, or using AMDs FSR 3.0? I will say IF anything is the bottle neck it's certainly the intel CPU. 

If the games are really laggy I think the issue might be with something other than your hardware specs. Is your GPU fully slotted? Have you enabled XMP in your BIOS? All your power connectors fully plugged into your GPU and motherboard, both ATX and 24 pin? If your SSD is SATA instead of M.2 that would also have an affect on loading times.

More information would be helpful. Using something like Speccy, CPUZ, and GPUZ to get more detailed specs. Also what are your thermals like when you experience this lag? 

It even lags in 1080 with a red dead redemption, which makes no sense. I used to not have this issue.

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!

That CPU is kinda weak, but it's not TRASH. I run a 3080Ti/8700k machine which does 4k60 decently, though super modern games do require I drop some settings a bit. 
What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

I’ve done every single troubleshooting option, including taking it to Best Buy. Geek squad to take a look at it. I didn’t want to multiple repair shops, and nobody can tell me what it is. 

5 hours ago, Yanderexoxx said:

I’ve done every single troubleshooting option, including taking it to Best Buy. Geek squad to take a look at it. I didn’t want to multiple repair shops, and nobody can tell me what it is. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely sounds like something is wrong here, you should not be having performance issues like that. 

Have you tried doing an antivirus scan or clearing your CMOS? 

And sorry if I'm coming off sounding condescending but I don't know your level of technical knowledge. I'd run the virus scan with windows defender. You can find it under Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Scan Options. I'd first do an offline scan and then a full scan. 

Clearing your CMOS could fix many other issues with hardware configuration but the process will be specific to your motherboard. 

Could you let us know in more detail what troubleshooting steps you've taken? 

10 hours ago, Yanderexoxx said:

every single troubleshooting option

Including dropping all settings super low? 
What are your temps like in game? Is your CPU boosting up north of 4.8GHz? Have you confirmed that your RAM is actually running at full speed?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4k would require fast drive too.. like m.2 nvme. what drive is that 2.5 TB SSD? 

altho mostly felt during loading

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

What are your temps like in game? Is your CPU boosting up north of 4.8GHz? Have you confirmed that your RAM is actually running at full speed?

Everything is running at full capacity. My PC doesn’t even break 71 Celsius under load. Nothing is throttling using hwinfo. Xmp profile is enabled 

34 minutes ago, Robchil said:

4k would require fast drive too.. like m.2 nvme. what drive is that 2.5 TB SSD? 

altho mostly felt during loading

They’re Samsung M.2 NvMe Drives 

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

Yes, I’ve done every single test known. And everything is passing with flying colors so where the issue was I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, Yanderexoxx said:

They’re Samsung M.2 NvMe Drives 

install samsung magician to check for firmware updates for those drives, some tend to kill themselves due to bad firmware. 

8 hours ago, Demon Lord Bezos said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely sounds like something is wrong here, you should not be having performance issues like that. 

Have you tried doing an antivirus scan or clearing your CMOS? 

And sorry if I'm coming off sounding condescending but I don't know your level of technical knowledge. I'd run the virus scan with windows defender. You can find it under Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Scan Options. I'd first do an offline scan and then a full scan. 

Clearing your CMOS could fix many other issues with hardware configuration but the process will be specific to your motherboard. 

Could you let us know in more detail what troubleshooting steps you've taken? 

I reset the bios, reinstalled windows like three times. Manually removed graphics driver. Reflashed the bios, disabled all windows applications including turning off antivirus. And nothing has helped

12 minutes ago, Robchil said:

install samsung magician to check for firmware updates for those drives, some tend to kill themselves due to bad firmware. 

It’s only recognizing one drive even though there’s two of them in there. 

Just now, Yanderexoxx said:

It’s only recognizing one drive even though there’s two of them in there. 

what model are they? 

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

what model are they? 

Main 980 Pro 2TB

Second 980 1TB

2 minutes ago, Yanderexoxx said:

Main 980 Pro 2TB

Second 980 1TB

i'm guessing the 980 pro is not visible? 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

i'm guessing the 980 pro is not visible? 

yes with magician app

yes with magician app

do you see it in windows explorer as a drive wtih 2TB? 

or in disk manager for that matter 

looks like your 980 pro are running pcie 3.0 speed.. don't the board have pcie 4.0 m.2 slot? 

The board only has two slots for NVME drives. Isn't the PCIe16x slot the fastest?

The board only has two slots for NVME drives. Isn't the PCIe16x slot the fastest?

it should be.. 

sound like something isn't set right in bios.. 

but use crystaldiskmark to test read and write speeds..  

pcie 3.0 are ca 3500mb/s.. pcie 4.0 are around 7000mb/s.. 

it should be.. 

I thought it was the bios. I've reset and reflashed it

18 minutes ago, Robchil said:

it should be.. 

Who sings it still saying the same thing read and write 3243Mb/s even after swapping ports