Good Budget FPS Mouse

ulookuglynoob
Go to solution Solved by ulookuglynoob,

Welp, i watched a lot of reviews, and i huess ima just go with the basilisk v3, since its a bit betr than the g502 and is cheaper and looks better than the gladius iii.

Hello. Recently in FPS games I've realized that my ain is very bad. I disabled the windows precision thing (Forgot the name, the thing that speeds up your mouse if you move faster) and all, and I still don't have the best aim. Tried changing sensitivity. Welp, its probably just that I suck, but my aim wasn't as bad before. Anyways. My mouse is very heavy. ITs was like 10 bucks and is minimum 250g. The clicks are also not as tactile as I would like, so I'm trying to get a new mouse. My requirements are that its gotta be less than 130g, at least 2 side buttons, black, and RGB. My budget is under 60 bucks. I am open to buying used, since about 75 percent of my setup was bought used, such as my keyboard, GPU, Mobo, ram, monitor etc, and nothings gone wrong (other than the fact that my ram can't xmp, but nvm). I'd also prefer ROG, since I got a lot of ROG products and kinda want my desktop RGB to be synced, but i'll be fine if the mouse you find from another brand is a lot better. Mainly play fps games, so keep that in mind. I would also like the mouse to be clicky and tactile, because my current mouse isn't, and my mouse before was, so I get messed up when I don't hear a click. Right now I am eyeing the ROG Gladius III, since its ROG (RGB sync with rest for my setup), light, has side buttons, and is tactile. Its only 56 bucks (USD), and fits all my requirements. I have also been looking at the g502, since its cheaper, more buttons, and looks nice, but it ain't tactile/clicky and its kinda heavy( 130ish grams) for FPS games.  Please comment and give suggestions. 

Tried and true g502

Also your aim isnt likely to suddenly get really good with a better mouse. Will it help? For sure.

Why the 130g thing?

Also if you can avoid rgb do so less software hassle. Its a mouse your hand covers it always.

The super light mouse trend has only been a thing for 4 years or so and its pretty much marketing. Plenty people play with "heavy" mice and are great.

The best way to improve aim is to practice and try different settings that allow you to maximalize the strengths you have. Also sometimes just using different playstyles and guns.

Yea, I understand that I just suck at accuracy. I still want a new mouse, since my current one is very cheap, not tactile, and is extremely heavy.

im also pretty sure my accuracy suck since I just switched to a new game. I swapped from fort to val 2 weeks ago, and aim is a lot harder on val. 

G502 is a great mouse, I used it for years until it developed issues on the right click, it would either click twice or not hold down correctly. Be aware of this as it is a very common issue with them.

7 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

G502 is a great mouse, I used it for years until it developed issues on the right click, it would either click twice or not hold down correctly. Be aware of this as it is a very common issue with them.

Is it tactile? and is it too heavy for FPS games?

Another mouse I found is the Razer Basilisk v3. It's kind of like the Gladius III, but it has more buttons and a bit heavier. It is also tactile. Its like a g502, but I personally find it better. Is this better than the Gladius III? the Basilisk v3 is also a lot cheaper.

EVGA has their X20 gaming mouse on sale for $18 ($70 original MSRP), which is an amazing deal. It's not the best mouse but I'd say it competes in the $60 category. 

It's 123g, rgb, side buttons, 16000 dpi, 2.4ghz/Bluetooth/wired.

Not sure if I can post links but it's $18 on amazon and newegg, $20 on EVGAs website. 

Obviously do some independent research first but I think it's worth looking up. 

38 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

I personally used a G502 for a couple years and it was overall a good mouse. Only gripes I had was the cable frayed easily and the mouse wheel lost it's resistance. 

4 minutes ago, Demon Lord Bezos said:

EVGA has their X20 gaming mouse on sale for $18 ($70 original MSRP), which is an amazing deal. It's not the best mouse but I'd say it competes in the $60 category. 

It's 123g, rgb, side buttons, 16000 dpi, 2.4ghz/Bluetooth/wired.

Not sure if I can post links but it's $18 on amazon and newegg, $20 on EVGAs website. 

Obviously do some independent research first but I think it's worth looking up. 

It's decent. I just don't like the placement of the buttons. Kinda odd. However, other than that its a decent mouse, especially for the prices. But I'd rather just spent a bit more and buy the Basilisk v3 or the Gladius III. Also, since it's wireless, there may be some slight input delay, so I'm probably not gonna risk it. thx though.

1 hour ago, ulookuglynoob said:

what do you mean by tactile? tactile means it makes a click sound when you press it on purpose rather than because of the mechanics, like tactile keyboards do

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

14 minutes ago, podkall said:

what do you mean by tactile? tactile means it makes a click sound when you press it on purpose rather than because of the mechanics, like tactile keyboards do

yup. I want a clicky mouse. maybe not too loud tho.

1 hour ago, ulookuglynoob said:

yup. I want a clicky mouse. maybe not too loud tho.

that's an abstract requirement, which nobody else can answer for you, as people may classify loud clicks on a different sound level

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

19 minutes ago, podkall said:

that's an abstract requirement, which nobody else can answer for you, as people may classify loud clicks on a different sound level

oh well. I guess I don't care as long as it's clicky. not silent

just tell me which of the mouse I listed is the best and suggest some others if they are better.

5 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

oh well. I guess I don't care as long as it's clicky. not silent

lot of gaming mouses are specifically clicky because they use similar style of switch a keyboard uses more or less,

4 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

just tell me which of the mouse I listed is the best and suggest some others if they are better.

I've had neither mouse,

check out any online reviews of these mice if they sound good to you, I can vouch for Logitech as I have 403G Hero mouse, but it's like only knowing "how chocolate tastes and not vanilla, I can't tell you that vanilla tastes better or worse than chocolate"

PC:

PCs I used before:

On the bottom line, if the gaming mouse is expensive enough from a reputable company, it should be a hit 80-90% of the time. And it doesn't have to be too expensive to already be good.

My 403G Hero isn't probably as good as G502 or G Pro, since my mouse is more than 50$ cheaper than G Pro. But it's better than my cheap mouse I had previously.

PC:

PCs I used before:

You could go for a G502X which is the updated version of Logitech's G502

4 hours ago, Xihx said:

Yeah this one fixed all the issues apparently. Looks nicer too

15 hours ago, ulookuglynoob said:

What do you mean by tactile? And I never had any issues with it being heavy, I quite liked the weight of it even for competitive csgo.

16 hours ago, ulookuglynoob said:

It's decent. I just don't like the placement of the buttons. Kinda odd. However, other than that its a decent mouse, especially for the prices. But I'd rather just spent a bit more and buy the Basilisk v3 or the Gladius III. Also, since it's wireless, there may be some slight input delay, so I'm probably not gonna risk it. thx though.

Im running a basilisk ultimate and i really like it, though im considering trying a G502 as my next mouse after the basilisk wears itself out in a few years

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

11 hours ago, Xihx said:

The g502x is nice, but it is a lot more expensive compared to the Basilisk v3, which has the same features and has better RGB. (as the g502x has none) I know the hand covers it all, but it's still RGB. And I also heard that the switches on the g502x need a lot more force to operate and sound a bit weird. I'ma do some more research though...

Well, I guess my main question is whether I should get the Gladius III, Basilisk v3, or the g502.

Welp, i watched a lot of reviews, and i huess ima just go with the basilisk v3, since its a bit betr than the g502 and is cheaper and looks better than the gladius iii.