4 Sticks of 8gb ddr5????????

So I'm getting a NZXT pre build, and while doing research and stuff, I just saw for $75 you can upgrade from 2x聽 8gb ddr5 to 4x 8gb ddr5.I might have made a mistake. I can't find any really good evidence. Is this really bad? Or is this just not amazing but won't cause any problems while gaming. And if this is going to make my gaming performance worse or cause any problems, what should I do? Remove a stick or 2????? This is my first pc and I don't really know too much. Also I don't really want to mess with anything inside the pc, so that's why I thought "hey this is good, this will save me stress in a year."

Thank you for any help聽馃槃

4 sticks will work fine, and stability shouldn't be a issue. It will limit speeds a bit, but this is often in the low single % points, so likely not a noticable difference.聽

I typically prefer 2 bigger dimms as its easier to upgrade later on. I wouldn't remove dimms here unless there is a problem. 32GB is nice to have for many newer games, esp when running other programs in the background.

Thanks!聽

8 minutes ago, Kapiba said:

Thanks!聽

If you already got a 2x8 gb kit, make sure its the same kit, but don't expect XMP/expo to work. You'll most likely have to set primary timings, dram voltage and frequency manually as the kit is optimized for 2 sticks not 4.

Edit: Nvm its a prebuild, then it should work

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽