Soliciting Opinions: LG G4 WOLED vs Sony A95L QD OLED

DirtyBlueshirt

I recently moved to Australia, so I'm in the market for a new TV. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of two 65" models, either the LG G4 series WOLED, or the Sony A95L QD OLED. Both are in my budget range of about $5-6000 AUD. What are the thoughts on these two flagship models?

The pros on the LG include

• a lower price point
  • a familiar remote and interface (coming from a first-gen LG OLED in the states)

The pros on the Sony include

• Google TV (versus webOS)
  • Tighter integration with my Sony HT-A7000 soundbar setup

...and before anyone chimes in about the Samsung S95D QD OLED; I have ruled that out as an option purely on it's lack of Dolby Vision support, which for me is a dealbreaker, especially when using streaming services.

While researching myself, everyone says go for Sony if you have the extra $. But the difference is barely noticeable, so i decided to save $.

I did the same shopping for my G3 and the A95K. The store I shopped at had them set up next to each other - compared and decided that between 4000 cad for the g3 and 6000 for the a95k, it was just too big a jump for what is honestly a pretty tough to tell difference - in filmmaker mode, the biggest thing I felt I could see is that the reds particularly popped a little harder on the Sony, but watching a couple pieces of content on both, both were really impressive. Also wanted the 4 hdmi 2.1 ports, so that was a bonus. 

Thanks for the sanity check. To add more leverage towards LG, the G4 has just gone on sale here for $500 off (Reg $5295, on sale for $4795 versus $5999 for the Sony)... plus I can get the LG for pick up at my local JB Hi-Fi, where the Sony I'd have to get it shipped in all the way from Perth.

I am going to go with the LG. I've had excellent luck with their TVs in the past, this will be the third consecutive LG in my living room since 2009.