New Laptop windows issues

OldFord76

So my new (to me) razer blade 15 is havng issues updating windows. Some programs ive downloaded, namely Proton VPN, have said my windows version is out of date. The only update I need to install wont work, and I keep getting the error message " Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 - Error 0x80070020". I also cant update to windows 11 yet. When I got the laptop, there was a fresh install of windows 10 home. And if it matters, I have the blade 15 with the GTX 1060.

Have you tried updating to Windows 11 through Windows update only?

There is an Update Assistant tool from Microsoft that you could try aswell.

Or doesn't the laptop meet the TPM requirements for Win 11?

You said that it was a fresh install of Win 10 when you got it. Is it a second-hand laptop? Perhaps that Windows is a scetchy cracked version?

5 hours ago, OddOod said:

Have you tried this?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070020-in-windows-10/c195d9d1-eaaa-4325-9b5f-cdcf55a3843b

Also, if you go to System Information and look at Version Number, what does it say?image.png.53ecd862b42872c9cf32a94d0e8821dd.png

yeah, i tried what that website said. Didnt work, but i had barely done anything on the laptop already so i plan to just reinstalled windows myself.

Im currently on build 16299 which im guessing is pretty old. Would one update really bring me to the current version?

57 minutes ago, OldFord76 said:

currently on build 16299 which im guessing is pretty old

Yes. 4 years out of date

58 minutes ago, OldFord76 said:

Would one update really bring me to the current version

MS periodically publishes convenience rollup updates which can take you from First Release to (approximately) Fully Updated in one go
That being said, they are generic which means that it will be unlikely to contain all the little drivers and microcode updates. 
When overhauling an install I usually grab the rollup, then do cycles of reboot, check for updates, install updates, reboot until I have two boots with no updates remaining. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

7 hours ago, OddOod said:

Yes. 4 years out of date

MS periodically publishes convenience rollup updates which can take you from First Release to (approximately) Fully Updated in one go
That being said, they are generic which means that it will be unlikely to contain all the little drivers and microcode updates. 
When overhauling an install I usually grab the rollup, then do cycles of reboot, check for updates, install updates, reboot until I have two boots with no updates remaining. 

yeah i managed to do the update but it took 6 hours lol

Still dont have the "update to windows 11" button even tho health check says im good so im doing it manually