Can People review my upgrade? make sure im not making mistakes <3 Big love

Budget (including currency): about £2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Photoshop, DJ Software (can be Cpu heavy), as of right now games are not too demanding but I'd like to be ready for potential future releases. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

• I was planning on keeping my 850w RoG PSU.

• I'd like to know what people think this set up will be like for 4k. atm I have 1440p 265Hz (and 2x 1080p side monitors) but the games I typically play are not competitive enough (and I'm not good enough) to make a ton of use for higher refresh rates so I'm considering 4k as I play a lot of single player content. I have no experience with 4k loads however. 

• I'm also considering going 32Gb across 4 sticks of ram purely as I think it looks better, Unless anyone thinks that's a bad idea. thoughts would be very much appreciated. 

• Also not having top case fans I was wondering how to manage airflow in this case. I added a set of reverse fans but I've no idea with this fishtank case. I LOVE how it looks though. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Byt4QP

image.thumb.png.cd4b02c258538ac700d8909bbf6c872e.png

Thank you in advance ❤️ 

Sorry I don't know much about DJ software specifically, but I do know some music production software can get RAM heavy. Getting 2 sticks of 16GB memory will allow you to upgrade in the future by throwing in an additional pair of 16GB sticks.

That CPU cooler is insanely expensive, try looking into Air cooled alternatives like Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120, Deepcool AK620 etc. Should still cool it fine but for a much cheaper price/less hassle. For that money you can upgrade the GPU to 4080, add more RAM or pocket the difference.

Also, the regular case fans are insanely expensive, please tell me you're not spending that much just on the coolers..?

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

1 hour ago, Emjack24 said:

I'm also considering going 32Gb across 4 sticks of ram purely as I think it looks better, Unless anyone thinks that's a bad idea. thoughts would be very much appreciated. 

Not a good idea with DDR5. Optimal performance requires just 2 sticks.

I was planning on keeping my 850w RoG PSU.

It would be nice to know which model PSU. Asus has a couple ROG PSU lines.

Consider a new, white PSU that is ATX 3.0 compliant and provides native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU.

Also not having top case fans I was wondering how to manage airflow in this case. I added a set of reverse fans but I've no idea with this fishtank case. I LOVE how it looks though. 

The product page has a diagram. Bottom & side intake, rear exhaust.

Consider an Intel CPU. It offers more concurrent threads and better Photoshop performance.

Consider a less expensive motherboard.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700K 3.4 GHz 20-Core Processor  (£384.47 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II LCD 79.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£229.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£249.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (£152.71 @ Newegg UK) 
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£159.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  (£749.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case: Lian Li O11 Vision ATX Mid Tower Case  (£129.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PX850G WH 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£179.93 @ Newegg UK) 
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI FAN TL LCD 120 90.1 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (£135.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI FAN TL LCD 120 Reverse Blade 83.4 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (£135.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Total: £2505.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-10 00:43 BST+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:13 AM, Catzzye said:

Sorry I don't know much about DJ software specifically, but I do know some music production software can get RAM heavy. Getting 2 sticks of 16GB memory will allow you to upgrade in the future by throwing in an additional pair of 16GB sticks.

That CPU cooler is insanely expensive, try looking into Air cooled alternatives like Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120, Deepcool AK620 etc. Should still cool it fine but for a much cheaper price/less hassle. For that money you can upgrade the GPU to 4080, add more RAM or pocket the difference.

Also, the regular case fans are insanely expensive, please tell me you're not spending that much just on the coolers..?

I'll be honest I did not notice the cpu cooler was that expensive. I know air cooling is cheap and amazing I just love how AIOs look. I've no idea why that one is like £200+. I'll find a more reasonable AIO 😂. The case fans are stupid I know but i fell in love with the LCD hub fans the 1st time I saw them so that's just an indulgence frankly. I want pop cat on my fan hubs 😂

On 4/10/2024 at 12:48 AM, brob said:

Not a good idea with DDR5. Optimal performance requires just 2 sticks

Thanks for that I'd no idea 👍

Consider a new, white PSU that is ATX 3.0 compliant and provides native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU

I'm unfamiliar with the requirements and the high power 12v (I assume that's what that ment) I've tried googling but the info is kind of a mess, is it just a new standard of cable the new gpus require?

Consider an Intel CPU. It offers more concurrent threads and better Photoshop performance.

If that's the main rational I photoshop as a hobby and occasionally, if there's no other real reason I think I'll stick with the x3d chip, PS has no real issues ATM so on my selected cpu I don't think there would be a problem. 

Consider a less expensive motherboard

Ao this Mobo is a PTSD selection. I rocked (I think) a b450 and a b550. Anyways its not too important. I has a ton of issues and it drove me actually insane so I wanted to go OOT for the Mobo. Spend like £100 more than. I probs need to. But for pure peice of mind. Plus it's on theme, bonus 😂

20 minutes ago, Emjack24 said:

If that's the main rational I photoshop as a hobby and occasionally, if there's no other real reason I think I'll stick with the x3d chip, PS has no real issues ATM so on my selected cpu I don't think there would be a problem. 

You also mentioned CPU heavy DJ software. If you want to stick with AMD at least get a 7900X. Sure you give up a few FPS in gaming but at least productivity software like Photoshop and (likely) the DJ software you are using doesn't suffer.

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 4:51 AM, brob said:

You also mentioned CPU heavy DJ software. If you want to stick with AMD at least get a 7900X. Sure you give up a few FPS in gaming but at least productivity software like Photoshop and (likely) the DJ software you are using doesn't suffer.

I thought the X3d chip was the cream of the crop, Im assuming I don't understand it the way I thought I did, Info is annoyingly mixed online. If you can explain your rational just so I can be educated I'd be very grateful.

@brob also what PSU do you recommend. I've tried googling the HV stuff you talked about but again very foggy info online. 

Thank you again for your sharing your knowledge I really appreciate it.

I've gone to 2x 16gb sticks and swapped out the cooler under your recommendations so far. Also think I'll ditch the LCD fans. They're cool but its a lot of money for a gimmick.  

Also if this Mobo is total overkill do you have a specific recommendation. I had/have b450/b550, and the 450 gave me hell and the 550 hasn't been amazing either.

(Edit I've swapped in a Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ICE ATX AM5 Motherboard for the time being but I don't fully understand the PCIe Lane stuff and ram speed throttling in the Mobo? My 450 and 550 limited my GPU I believe due to PCIe lane issues [£120 cheaper]) 

PFA my updated list from your recommendations 

PC v2.png

Edited by Emjack24
Additional Info

2 hours ago, Emjack24 said:

HV

It's no surprise looking for HV turned up nothing. You want to checkout ATX 3.0 PSU and 12VHPWR (16-pin) connector.

The RM1000e on the last screenshot posted is an ATX 3.0 compliant PSU. But you may want a white unit for its white cables.

(Edit I've swapped in a Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ICE ATX AM5 Motherboard for the time being but I don't fully understand the PCIe Lane stuff and ram speed throttling in the Mobo? My 450 and 550 limited my GPU I believe due to PCIe lane issues [£120 cheaper]) 

Extremely unlikely your 450 or 550 motherboards placed any serious limits on a single GPU.

PFA my updated list from your recommendations 

PC v2.png

Edited

Not easily readable on my device. Post the permalink, i.e. the url just above the list.

what PSU do you recommend

850W should be sufficient for the build.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/kf4Zxr/deepcool-px850g-wh-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-r-px850g-fc0w-us

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/xfLdnQ/corsair-rm850x-shift-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-side-interface-atx-power-supply-cp-9020274-na

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/BQLdnQ/asus-prime-ap-850g-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ap-850g