What speakers to put in here

Mr.wut

Hello,

so we are building outside kitchen/home bar/hangout place, and I'm wondering what sound equipment should we put in. We were thinking about maybe just putting jbl soundbar 300 in there and calling it a day. The other idea was putting 4 speakers in (1 in each corner) and a sub. For reference the place is 3 meters wide, 5 meters long and 3 meters high. I am wondering what are your recomedations for the speakers/sub and reciever that we should use. We would ike for it to have bluetooth and it sould be connected to the tv in there. 

Thank you in advance

IMG_5589.thumb.JPEG.e8eafca547a6df7248c3394b54b45a9e.JPEGIMG_5592.thumb.JPEG.1247c2dea4cf5610bbd4c4eaa8110120.JPEGIMG_5591.thumb.JPEG.542cd9c1d6f94166b4e1414e660c72a1.JPEGIMG_5590.thumb.JPEG.f01692e67ccabeff2c27958b25d06914.JPEG

Personally I wouldn't use a sub in that small of an area and outdoors unless your neighbors are understanding and/or also enjoy that low rumbling bass that can penetrate their walls. However... If I were your neighbor, I wouldn't mind 😄 You may just want to opt for 2 larger speakers, that would likely be plenty to fill the room and still push out to your yard area for listening purposes. Something like this? (JBL Speaker Amazon link)

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Personally I wouldn't use a sub in that small of an area and outdoors unless your neighbors are understanding and/or also enjoy that low rumbling bass that can penetrate their walls. However... If I were your neighbor, I wouldn't mind 😄 You may just want to opt for 2 larger speakers, that would likely be plenty to fill the room and still push out to your yard area for listening purposes. Something like this? (JBL Speaker Amazon link)

So something like that without the sub?

1 minute ago, Mr.wut said:

So something like that without the sub?

Yeah... and even those will get plenty loud for that space. (They are also rated for indoor/outdoor use) There are plenty of other branded speakers out there, we just use some smaller PA speakers like that throughout a few of the buildings I help tech and they have been solid for 5+ years since the installation.

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Yeah... and even those will get plenty loud for that space. (They are also rated for indoor/outdoor use) There are plenty of other branded speakers out there, we just use some smaller PA speakers like that throughout a few of the buildings I help tech and they have been solid for 5+ years since the installation.

And I suppose some reciever to tie it all together... Also just now realising... If we want to prep the cale runs... what cables should we run... like the normal speaker cable, like something ike this or something else

image.png.343cb403088d392d9d4d25fb9918c4cc.png

If it was me, I would hook up either 4 in-wall speakers or 4 ceilings speakers-- 2 left channel and 2 right channel hooked up in parallel.

I would also buy a small subwoofer and have it rest on an isolation pad (e.g. Auralex SubDude). The pad will keep the bass a little tighter and isolated to the room. It's not magic- if you're playing loud music it will still travel.

I'm a big fan of KEF speakers and they have wall and ceiling options. I like using Accessories4Less for their deals, and since they're an authorized reseller, you still get warranty.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/spkonwall/speakers/on-wall-speakers/1.html?brand=KEF

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/spkinceiling/speakers/in-ceiling-speakers/1.html?brand=KEF

If you have the money, I would get the Sonos Amp for $699.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp

Otherwise, WiiM has an excellent amp for $299.
https://www.amazon.com/WiiM-Amp-Multiroom-Streaming-Chromecast/dp/B0CGCLXH4H/

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I'd agree with the ceiling speakers if you wanted to keep the audio more or less contained to the room itself. The PA speakers will give you some reach out into your yard if that was something you wanted.

You could also stick with ceiling speakers for inside the room and add 2 smaller outdoor rated PA speakers to the exterior wall if needed. The benefit to this is being able to control the volume both outside and inside independently. (if you are playing yard games outside and someone says turn it up, it may already be loud enough inside)

Depends on your budget!

23 hours ago, NinJake said:

I'd agree with the ceiling speakers if you wanted to keep the audio more or less contained to the room itself. The PA speakers will give you some reach out into your yard if that was something you wanted.

You could also stick with ceiling speakers for inside the room and add 2 smaller outdoor rated PA speakers to the exterior wall if needed. The benefit to this is being able to control the volume both outside and inside independently. (if you are playing yard games outside and someone says turn it up, it may already be loud enough inside)

Depends on your budget!

What about speaker something like 2 of these?

link

also for this type of speakers do you need an amp that can supply 200W per chanel or how is that... (sorry if its a stupid question im new)

11 minutes ago, Mr.wut said:

What about speaker something like 2 of these?

link

also for this type of speakers do you need an amp that can supply 200W per chanel or how is that... (sorry if its a stupid question im new)

Speaker ratings are for maximum output. They are essentially a useless rating unless you're throwing a concert or a street party and you're blasting them at maximum volume trying to make as much sound as possible.

If this is for indoor use and you're listening to comfortably loud movies, you're hardly using that much power.

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Those speakers you linked would work fine! As @saintlouisbagels kind of referenced, the 200W rating just means they support up to 200W of power. If you look at one of the reviews of those speakers, a user mentioned they are "only" feeding them 135W to each speaker and are very happy with the quality and sound. It just leaves you with a bit of headroom to upgrade your amplification in the future without also needing to swap out the speakers. (In most cases, you're better off underpowering the speakers to avoid accidentally overpowering them one day if you or someone accidentally cranks the gain up too high.)

On 4/10/2024 at 4:26 PM, saintlouisbagels said:

Speaker ratings are for maximum output. They are essentially a useless rating unless you're throwing a concert or a street party and you're blasting them at maximum volume trying to make as much sound as possible.

If this is for indoor use and you're listening to comfortably loud movies, you're hardly using that much power.

So like the wiim amp would work fine even if it only(?) puts out 60w per channel with 8 ohm speakers (which the jbl's that i mentioned before are)

16 minutes ago, Mr.wut said:

So like the wiim amp would work fine even if it only(?) puts out 60w per channel with 8 ohm speakers (which the jbl's that i mentioned before are)

They should be fine. If you hear audio clipping then unfortunately the amp may be underpowered at the volume you want, but that's not something you'll find out until everything is fully set up. So I think buying an amplifier should be the last thing you do - you need to figure speaker placements and furniture first. Swapping out an amplifier is as simple is unplugging like 4 cords.

25 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

They should be fine. If you hear audio clipping then unfortunately the amp may be underpowered at the volume you want, but that's not something you'll find out until everything is fully set up. So I think buying an amplifier should be the last thing you do - you need to figure speaker placements and furniture first. Swapping out an amplifier is as simple is unplugging like 4 cords.

for the placement we were thinking of putting them in the corners of the room (the wall oposite of the big hole (here the sliding glass doors will come the ones you can fully open so it becomes open space with the terrace) so the sound comming out of the room isnt as muffeld... Would it be better if I looked for som 4 ohm speakers if I want to use the wiim amp or some with the lowe wattage? Or what do you recommend

15 minutes ago, Mr.wut said:

for the placement we were thinking of putting them in the corners of the room (the wall oposite of the big hole (here the sliding glass doors will come the ones you can fully open so it becomes open space with the terrace) so the sound comming out of the room isnt as muffeld... Would it be better if I looked for som 4 ohm speakers if I want to use the wiim amp or some with the lowe wattage? Or what do you recommend

You could try this combo for a little more power. The streamer for Spotify Connect; this means your phone acts as the remote, while the device acts as the streamer. The Loxjie A40 for powering the speakers and connecting to a TV, game console, CD player, etc.

Network Streamer for Spotify Connect, AirPlay 
https://www.amazon.de/Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-Multiroom-Multizone/dp/B083XY1R5M/

Loxjie A40 ~80W @ 8ohms, 165W @ 4ohms 
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Amplifier-Headphone-MA5332MS-Transmission-Bluetooth/dp/B0CNXLH1CY/

Otherwise, I still think the WiiM Amp is a fantastic, single-unit solution. Although, I was unable to find it on https://www.amazon.de/ while it's readily available on regular US Amazon.

If space is not an issue, you could just buy whatever AV Receiver looks nice enough and whatever has enough watts.

36 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

You could try this combo for a little more power. The streamer for Spotify Connect; this means your phone acts as the remote, while the device acts as the streamer. The Loxjie A40 for powering the speakers and connecting to a TV, game console, CD player, etc.

Network Streamer for Spotify Connect, AirPlay 
https://www.amazon.de/Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-Multiroom-Multizone/dp/B083XY1R5M/

Loxjie A40 ~80W @ 8ohms, 165W @ 4ohms 
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Amplifier-Headphone-MA5332MS-Transmission-Bluetooth/dp/B0CNXLH1CY/

Otherwise, I still think the WiiM Amp is a fantastic, single-unit solution. Although, I was unable to find it on https://www.amazon.de/ while it's readily available on regular US Amazon.

If space is not an issue, you could just buy whatever AV Receiver looks nice enough and whatever has enough watts.

Just another question.. buying second hand is it an okay option or should i stick to new... Like can I dont know anything happen if im buying lecond hand?

Used audio is quite reliable.

I doubt you'll find the WiiM, Loxjie, etc. used in a local marketplace since they're very niche and quite new. Maybe you'll have luck on eBay.

When it comes to speakers, you'll find lots of old gems in the used marketplace. But they're typically so old that you won't find much online material about whether or not they're good.