is the JUSB1 connection supposed to be so loose???

I was building a PC for a friend yesterday and I noticed the USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable that goes from the case to the JUSB1 on the Mobo was extremely loose. If I knock the thing it would come loose. It clicked into place, it's just incredibly loose. Doing my build last year was the first time I ever came across this connector and I recall it being pretty loose at the time but it wasn't this loose. It it a defective connector or are those USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C connectors just super loose?  

jusb1.JPG

44 minutes ago, Mike Rotchburns said:

I was building a PC for a friend yesterday and I noticed the USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable that goes from the case to the JUSB1 on the Mobo was extremely loose. If I knock the thing it would come loose. It clicked into place, it's just incredibly loose. Doing my build last year was the first time I ever came across this connector and I recall it being pretty loose at the time but it wasn't this loose. It it a defective connector or are those USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C connectors just super loose?  

jusb1.JPG

They do seem to rock back and forth yes.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I've only used it once on my current system and TBH I seem to remember it being pretty secure but that was over a year ago. 

13 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've only used it once on my current system and TBH I seem to remember it being pretty secure but that was over a year ago. 

It varies, I'm not sure if its the plug or the header that causes it but I have been through several cases and motherboards where some are loose and some are tight.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Yeah, it's how it is. Even if it clicks all it takes is a finger to pull it out.

1st gen SATA ports were this loose too, one would think manufacturers have learned from that, but nope...

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.