H730P will not detect sata ssd's

Hello all, I am migrating from a poweredge R910 to an R920,

The R910 uses a Perc H700 raid controller and I have sas hdd's and sata ssd's on em and they work fine

The R920 uses a Perc H730P raid controller and that will detect the sas hdd's but NOT the sata SSD's
it detects sata hdd's just fine tho. 
crucial ssd's will say they all failed even though they work fine and their smart data is fine
samsung ssd's will have a green led but are still never detected.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Hello all, I am migrating from a poweredge R910 to an R920,

The R910 uses a Perc H700 raid controller and I have sas hdd's and sata ssd's on em and they work fine

The R920 uses a Perc H730P raid controller and that will detect the sas hdd's but NOT the sata SSD's
it detects sata hdd's just fine tho. 
crucial ssd's will say they all failed even though they work fine and their smart data is fine
samsung ssd's will have a green led but are still never detected.

Any ideas?

It might be something with it's configuration. Have you tried resetting it's bios? Are you using it's raid or something like truenas? If you are using software raid, you probably need to flash it to IT mode. 

35 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

It might be something with it's configuration. Have you tried resetting it's bios? Are you using it's raid or something like truenas? If you are using software raid, you probably need to flash it to IT mode. 

No i want to use hardware raid, im trying to flash the new firmware on it which may fix the problem but the problem i am running into now is that I need firmware version A03 as an intermediary before A17 but I cannot find A03 anywhere. THis is driving me fucking crazy 

2 hours ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

No i want to use hardware raid, im trying to flash the new firmware on it which may fix the problem but the problem i am running into now is that I need firmware version A03 as an intermediary before A17 but I cannot find A03 anywhere. THis is driving me fucking crazy 

Ah gotcha. Yeah finding older firmware for these things is like a needle in a hay stack.