Where am I supposed to install the second hard drive?

ArmyFrame
Go to solution Solved by ArmyFrame,
1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

At least in that photo you sent, it looks like everything is installed correctly. Is there a part that isn't installed that isn't included in the photo? Even if there is, I'd probably just leave it as is as it shouldn't be necessary for the structural integrity of the case

it's this metal piece i just used the screw up top but its not actually all the way in 

LMC_20240407_201942_lmc_8.4.jpg

I bought a cheap case that says it supports 2 Hard drives but I'm not able to figure out how to set up the second one, am I supposed to use something extra like zip ties? 

The case is the Galax Revolution 5 

LMC_20240407_030921_lmc_8.4.jpg

Take the hard drive that's currently installed out. There are screw holes on the top of the cage that you use to mount the hard drive from the bottom. Mount the second drive on top of the cage, then reinstall the current hard drive. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.416c87b10e7f61d90d145ec419fc3881.png

These will be mirrored to the opposite side as well. 

13 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Take the hard drive that's currently installed out. There are screw holes on the top of the cage that you use to mount the hard drive from the bottom. Mount the second drive on top of the cage, then reinstall the current hard drive. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.416c87b10e7f61d90d145ec419fc3881.png

These will be mirrored to the opposite side as well. 

Thank you it toke me like an hour to do it, but I managed to finally get it done.

Would you also possible have an idea what's wrong with this part, the flappy part that you remove that I have screwed in here, I can't keep it and install the graphics card with it on, so I have to install it after which makes it don't fit because of the graphics card it self and it's screws LMC_20240407_165155_lmc_8.4.thumb.jpg.06e74c226931519e89b24f2d73229144.jpg

1 hour ago, ArmyFrame said:

Thank you it toke me like an hour to do it, but I managed to finally get it done.

Would you also possible have an idea what's wrong with this part, the flappy part that you remove that I have screwed in here, I can't keep it and install the graphics card with it on, so I have to install it after which makes it don't fit because of the graphics card it self and it's screws LMC_20240407_165155_lmc_8.4.thumb.jpg.06e74c226931519e89b24f2d73229144.jpg

At least in that photo you sent, it looks like everything is installed correctly. Is there a part that isn't installed that isn't included in the photo? Even if there is, I'd probably just leave it as is as it shouldn't be necessary for the structural integrity of the case.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

At least in that photo you sent, it looks like everything is installed correctly. Is there a part that isn't installed that isn't included in the photo? Even if there is, I'd probably just leave it as is as it shouldn't be necessary for the structural integrity of the case

it's this metal piece i just used the screw up top but its not actually all the way in 

1 hour ago, ArmyFrame said:

Alright, that I'm less sure of how it's supposed to work, especially since the manual lists nothing about what you're supposed to do. If I were to take a guess, you're supposed to find a way to get it to latch onto these things, which very well might require bending them into shape. 

Spoiler

image.png.0b951a28da2727934f37c9302268ca99.png